Author Topic: Save Cart Feature  (Read 4835 times)

Offline seamstobesew

• View Profile
    • Seams To Be Sew
Save Cart Feature
« on: May 18, 2017, 11:46:08 AM »
I wonder if it would be possible to add the ability to save my cart without it going to their cookies/cache in their browser. I'm not sure it could be done with no login, but if a customer is logged in, it would be advantageous to save any items they had previously added to their cart. Thus the idea that they would still buy them would happen. Also an ability to move items to wishlist if they chose to remove the item from their carts.

Thank you.
Marian

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Save Cart Feature
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 02:12:14 PM »
AbanteCart saves customers carts into database not in the browser. This is considering customer has active or prior login (non-authenticated) 

If you leave, come back to the site, login and go to the cart you will see all the products that you have put to the cart previously.

Same is true for wishlist.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 02:15:00 PM »
I think you are looking for the feature that already exists :)

“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline seamstobesew

• View Profile
    • Seams To Be Sew
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 03:19:36 PM »
hmmm, it's not doing it in some carts I came across while trying to decide on this cart... perhaps it's the version of the cart they are using. I hadn't tried it in my install as yet.  Thank you tho, will check that out.
Marian

Offline seamstobesew

• View Profile
    • Seams To Be Sew
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 11:00:24 PM »
and to add to it, I added some marketplace extensions to my cart, but they didn't save, I was logged in and everything.. was glad I'd also saved them to my wishlist... (old trick I've learned from shopping on the web) :)
Marian