Author Topic: Search Engines - Not Doing Anything [ Abantecart Issue Or Something Else ]  (Read 6987 times)

Offline Amarbir

• View Profile
Hi ,
     I Recently Installed AbanteCart Cart To One Of My Students Website .Its Been 3 Days + .If i Search Google For mrdealerstore i just get one post i made regarding this in this forum .There are no search results in google ,yahoo and bling .Can someone tell Me *** is Going On .Is This Related To Abantecart ? .I Renamed .htaccess.txt to .htaccess and enabled SEO URL Too Still Nothing .This is Worrying Me  .Please Help  .

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
   Domain Name: MRDEALERSTORE.COM
   Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
   Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
   Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
   Name Server: NS1.LYNXHOSTING.CO.IN
   Name Server: NS2.LYNXHOSTING.CO.IN
   Updated Date: 30-dec-2012
  Creation Date: 30-dec-2012
   Expiration Date: 30-dec-2013
As i see you need to tell google and yahoo about your new domain.
Read this first https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools
there form for adding your site to google.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Amarbir

• View Profile
qdmin ,
      Google ,yahoo and bling are all suppose to send bots to the website and then index it right .Am i missing something here  .

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Yes, but it takes time. New domains are not picked up fast.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Amarbir

• View Profile
Yes, but it takes time. New domains are not picked up fast.

Sir ,
    I Went To Google And did The Needful in webmaster tools link you gave .hopefully we will see some improvement in few days

Offline FG

• View Profile
Re: Search Engines - Not Doing Anything [ Abantecart Issue Or Something Else ]
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 06:37:12 AM »
Getting your website indexed by a search engine can (in some cases) be a dark art as they are under no obligation to index any sites submitted to them.

To get your site indexed by a search engine like google, first of all you need to submit it to them - dont pay anyone to do this, just search in google itself on how to add a website to the google index and you'll see how easy it is.

Then you need to 'make some noise' by getting your website name out there.  What I mean by this is if you are a member of an internet forum then put your website address in your signature and the next time a search engine indexes that site they will come across your link and take a look at your site.  If you are not a member of an internet forum or only a member of one then join as many as you can/like and become an active member posting as often as possible so your signature with your website link in it is displayed as many times as possible.

Use Twitter, FaceBook and start a blog and link to your website through all of these.

By doing all of this you'll have created a lot of 'noise' meaning there is more change that your site will get listed high up int he google rankings.

It's not a quick thing and can take weeks or even many, many months for your site to be fully indexed.  Content is key, the more text you have on your site the more there is for search engines to index.

Good luck!

:)