Author Topic: "fallback" banner not updating  (Read 5315 times)

Offline castigous

• View Profile
"fallback" banner not updating
« on: May 18, 2017, 04:36:14 PM »
Hi!

I modified the main banner of the home page with 4 different images which are also supposed to open to 4 different pages.

But even if I refresh the page repeteadly I get the banner with the AbanteCart info. What am I doing wrong?

Also when editing this banner there is URL field but I get to put just 1 link for the whole banner. Is not supposed to be a URL for each of the images?

Thanks!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "fallback" banner not updating
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 02:29:25 AM »
Hello.

Fallback banner is the one shown on mobile devices with small screens (because low resources of devices). No slider run so one image and one url for mobile devices.

Offline castigous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:32:03 AM »
Thank you!

So what would be the one banner immediately below the main menu? --you could call it the main banner

Also for each banner item, I don't see the way to add many images+links that are supossed to rotate. It just gives the option to edit 1 image and 1 link.

Am I missing something?

Offline castigous

• View Profile
Graphic Banner issues
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 12:34:17 PM »
Hi!

I created a new graphic banner with all the images I want to rotate and it accepted all the images and not just one, but is having this issues:

1- The banner is displaying one image in top of the other inside the banner frame (which is now huge).

2- It is also showing each of the images in the file original size. Is there a way to set up an automatic resize value for each of the images (like the *Product Image Thumb Size: Default is 380x380 in the ADMIN-TEMPLATE) so it fits into the banner frame? or do I need to resize before uploading?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 04:09:40 AM »
Hello.
See if this help you to find how to edit slider http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/design/banner_slider.html

Offline castigous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 01:35:58 PM »
Thanks!

I read the banners, blocks & layouts documentation pages and I think I've got it at least partially.

I get that banners are only supposed to display 1 image which becomes a clickable image associated with an URL.

I get that to have a slideshow I have to create or modify 1 block that selects all the static banners I just described.

I get that I have to modify the layout of the Home page so it includes the block I just described.

Am i getting something wrong at this point?

I wanna see the functionality as it appears on the original AbanteCart Home Page (before making modifications to AbanteCart) that works as a slideshow that alternate between images and even has a nice roll on effect from above.

I have used 2 types of "block wrapper (appearance)" settings: FlexSlider & OneByOne but none of this show all the static banners I created and selected (it only shows 1 of these I selected).

I hope is not too confusing but it is kinda hard to explain without showing.

Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 01:13:20 AM »
Hi.

Check video from the docs. Slider is not a static banner but few sliders with html code including images , urls, buttons etc.
You grab the slider from the demo http://www.abantecart.com/shopping-cart-demo
Make sure you use same banner group and similar banners