Author Topic: Import CSV from VM  (Read 3976 times)

Offline castigous

• View Profile
Import CSV from VM
« on: May 18, 2017, 06:18:23 PM »
Hi!

Our old webshop used Joomla-VirtueMart so we are naturally trying to import the data from it to our new AbanteCart store.

Since this is not one of the software supported by the Migration Tool I think we could use a joomla extension that we have tha can export all VM fields in a CSV file.

But in order to do that I think we would need to know in what are the fields required and if there is a need of fields translations (for example product in VM should be imported as product_name in AbanteCart), and which format should the CSV have (like header, delimiters, etc)

Any guidance would be very appreciated!

Thanks!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Import CSV from VM
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 02:38:32 AM »
Hi. Check example files from here http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tools/import.html

Offline castigous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 03:11:06 PM »
Thanks a lot!!

This page is very detailed and is a great reference, which I know I´m using in tee export stage.

But I have some custom variables for all product (like say for example color, material, etc). How could I map this variables to something that AbanteCart would understand?

Also for all those variables with a possible value of ON/OFF (for example "Requires Shipping" which I guess is named "products.ship_individually" in the database), I would guess that they should have a value of 1(ON) or 0(OFF).
But in one of example csv file, I see values of "0.0000" for this variable. What would be the correct value to import?

Also for the variables ended with a "class_id" (for example "products.tax_class_id"), should I include this variable on a column in the CSV file? If that´s correct how can I know or discover what value should I assign to them?

Thanks!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:36:23 AM »
Hello.

It is very easy how to check. Create one product with settings and values you are interesting than export and see what is the correct values you have to use.

Note: some CSV editors may automaticly convert correct value to something another, for example Excell like to convert number to date format  :o so make sure your CSV editor do not "help" you

Offline castigous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 12:11:48 PM »
Hi!

Thanks for your answer but still having issues.

I figured that to insert the products I have to import the manufacturers first, because to insert the products the list of manufacturers must be set up already --also as a test of importing a smaller CSV with just one variable.

So I downloaded all CSV files on the documentation link, opened the one that is about inserting manufacturers and followed all settings within the documentation page.

At some attempts I got some errors but finally I got a message:

Total loaded: 110. Updated: 0. Created: 110. Errors: 0

But if I go to Catalog->Manufacturers on AbanteCart I still see no changes. I see the list of manufacturers that the installation of AC creates (Gucci,Bvlgari...).

Is it a cache issue or maybe some permissions somewhere?

I attach the 2 CSV files (with and without quoted text) that gave me the message I mentioned which seemed to indicate all was alright.

EDIT: I don't see the attached files without being logged in, so next I put the first 5 lines for each file I attempted with:

1- manufacturers_export_2.csv:

action   manufacturers.manufacturer_id
insert   2k Games
insert   2k Sports
insert   505 Games
insert   Activision

2- manufacturers_export_2_noquotedtext.csv:

action   manufacturers.manufacturer_id
insert   "2k Games"
insert   "2k Sports"
insert   "505 Games"
insert   "Activision"

Any suggestion(s) are *very* appreciated, especially because the CSV file for products is going to be much longer and if I´m stuck with this, I don´t wanna imagine when working that products list.

Also for this question I made before:

I have some custom variables for all product (like say for example color, material, etc). How could I map this variables to something that AbanteCart would understand?

I can't export a csv from AC with these custom variables as so far there is no product that has this custom variables, which begs the question if there is a way to add these variables manually inside AC in the first place? --maybe as a category? or as a tag?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:46:44 PM by castigous »

Offline castigous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 03:17:33 PM »
Hi!

I followed your last suggestion from last week so I exported from AC a list of 10 products to check how isit is organized.

The thing is the resultant CSV file has more than 510 columns of variables  :o :-X for each product (up to column ACS on Libreoffice), so I find quite overwhelming to know what of those variables are the ones I need to fill and-or replace from the list exported in VirtueMart.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Also I have tried to contact AbanteCart professional support about 3 times since more than a week ago, so I fill the form but so far haven´t received any response.

Should I give up with this project?  :-[ :-\ :'(
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:01:15 PM by castigous »