Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Maintenance Mode bug?  (Read 3588 times)

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
Maintenance Mode bug?
« on: June 14, 2017, 08:32:11 PM »
Hello, I turned on Maintenance Mode this afternoon.  It worked.  I could access every page on the site.  Each page had a MM reminder flag at the top. 

I walked away for 2 hours, came back, refreshed a page, and got the "Maintenance message instead of page content. 

So I logged back on to Admin, and clicked the Storefront button to reload the site.  Still got the Maint message. 

So i closed the browser, opened a new browser, paused adblock, loaded and logged on to Admin, clicked Storefront, still got the Maintenance message. 

So i turned off Maint Mode, then clicked storefront again, this time it worked. 

Apparently, if you walk away for long enough for the Admin to log you out due to inactivity, then everything seems to get stuck in MM, regardless of login status on fresh browser.  buggy? 

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
Re: Maintenance Mode bug?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:48:19 PM »
I just noticed something else:

While in maintenance mode, I edited cart_top.tpl to increase the size of the cart and checkout icons.
Example: changed
<i class="fa fa-shopping-cart fa-fw">
to
<i class="fa fa-shopping-cart fa-2x">.

I was bummed to see that this change did not work. 
Then I walked away from PC etc as described in sequence above. 

Later, after starting over in fresh browser, I see that the 2x size change DID work.  But it only appeared after disabling Maint Mode. 

So, I'm guessing that css and tpl edits do not manifest while in MM? 

Maybe that's by design. 

If so, seems fine, but maybe the Maintenance Mode help bubble could allude to that fact. 

Or maybe there is a simple fix that would allow customizations to appear on refreshed site pages while MM is being used, because it kind of seems like that's what MM is for, maybe?

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 09:01:55 PM »
Maybe it was a cache thing. 

I keep the css inspector running, and in Chrome, cache is never used when the inspector is running.  So i rarely bother to go clear cache, either on Admin or on the browser. 
My css edits & tpl changes appear regularly without clearing cache. 

However, I just played with more icons, with Maintenance Mode off, and even though the inspector was running, I still had to clear the Admin cache before the icon change result showed up on the page.  Maybe icons are more stubborn? 

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 01:36:59 AM »
Hello, I turned on Maintenance Mode this afternoon.  It worked.  I could access every page on the site.  Each page had a MM reminder flag at the top. 

I walked away for 2 hours, came back, refreshed a page, and got the "Maintenance message instead of page content. 

So I logged back on to Admin, and clicked the Storefront button to reload the site.  Still got the Maint message. 

So i closed the browser, opened a new browser, paused adblock, loaded and logged on to Admin, clicked Storefront, still got the Maintenance message. 

So i turned off Maint Mode, then clicked storefront again, this time it worked. 

Apparently, if you walk away for long enough for the Admin to log you out due to inactivity, then everything seems to get stuck in MM, regardless of login status on fresh browser.  buggy?

Thank you we will review this issue in next version
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/893