Author Topic: 9101 App Warning  (Read 4270 times)

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
9101 App Warning
« on: June 17, 2017, 01:35:12 AM »
9101::App Warning
Extension id_1 overrides core template with pages/index/home.tpl in C:\xampp\htdocs\mywebsite\core\engine\view.php on line 309

I'm getting a lot of these errors in my error log.  They come in batches of 15 or 20 errors, each referencing a different tpl file, but all naming the same view.php line 309.

The batches occur about every 20 minutes or so during times when i'm working on the site. 

I'm customizing a default clone extension. 

Is this normal, or BAD? 

Should I ignore, panic, or sleep? 

Thanks. 

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 9101 App Warning
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 09:58:14 PM »
Do you know of extension with name "id_1" that is causing this issue? You can disable it if you added it by accident or not need it.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 03:16:59 AM »
Hi, id-1 is my template extension. 

I cloned the default template into an extension called id-1, and I am customizing the css and tpl files of id-1. 

According to the documentation and feedback here, this is the proper method for customizing AbanteCart so that my changes are not overwritten during future updates. 

It seems natural that my work in id-1 would 'override" the core template.  That is the goal. 

But it seems less natural that i would receive a repeated stream of "override errors" in an error log as a result of using the proper process for customizing AC.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 03:39:12 AM »
But it seems less natural that i would receive a repeated stream of "override errors" in an error log as a result of using the proper process for customizing AC.

Hello.
This is warning and not an error. Looks like you see this warnings only because you have enabled template debug in system settings.

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 01:21:31 PM »
OK, thank you!