Author Topic: Auto Select, or other method to remove Shipping Selection from guest_step_2?  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
I'm using only one shipping method: default_free_shipping.
Auto Select is turned ON in the extension.
All of my products have free shipping turned ON.
I am only using Guest Checkout.  (I redirected all checkout buttons to guest_step_1).

When I get to guest_step_2 during the checkout process, there is a Shipping Method registerbox with a title and blurb and permanently selected radio button and redundant language about Free Shipping & Free. 

For a website that offers only one shipping method, this element has no purpose and may even interrupt seamless checkout flow.    I'd like to remove it. 

Is Auto Select supposed to remove it?   

Do you have any suggestions for how to completely remove the shipping selection element from the page?

I already tried deleting portions of guest_step_2.tpl, but I can't remove the registerbox without breaking the payment_method element.

Need some help...

Thanks.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
hmm.. you can try to hide box with css rule

Code: [Select]
#shipping_section .registerbox{
display: none;
}

of just add "hidden" css-class for "registerbox" div
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
Thank you Dmitriy. 

Noobs need support, too.

Your gentle and good-hearted condescension was not missed. :-)  More importantly, your suggestion was extremely helpful for this Noob. 

Based on your recommendation and some Noob experimentation, I succeeded in removing the Shipping Method element from the guest_step_2 page with the following css style:

#active_shippings {
display: none;
}

You can't imagine how helpful it is for inexperienced users when they receive simple answers to simple problems they encounter while trying to build a site with your application.   

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens