Author Topic: How to get global attributes to show up  (Read 3892 times)

Offline matencio

• View Profile
How to get global attributes to show up
« on: June 20, 2017, 11:23:30 AM »
I figured this out.

How do I force the customer to make a choice? I used select box when I set it up, should I have used a different option?

I followed the doc for creating a global attribute. That went fine until I tried to add it into the product template. It doesn't show up. I don't want to use the "size, color&size, fragrance type or gift wrapping parent. I created "Grinding Preference" (See the attachment.) Mine came out with Download attribute???

I went back and created the option in Product Options because I have more than a hundred products to add this to. See the second attachment. Do I have to select an Attribute Parent for this to work? None fit my need. Can I make one for Grinding Preferences for my coffee instead of size and color?
The third screen shot is what I'm ending up with... I have four when there should only be one.
Help. Thanks
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 12:03:00 PM by matencio »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to get global attributes to show up
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 01:53:33 AM »
Hello.

Download attribute is for Digital products or 'Downloads'

When you create new Global Attribute please select Product Option attribute type.
Also you may add any product's options without Global Attributes. Just go to product edit page -> Options

Offline matencio

• View Profile
Re: How to get global attributes to show up
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 10:23:09 AM »
Thank you. I kind of thought that what that was but was guessing.. I appreciate it.