Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Repeatable 406 Error  (Read 3674 times)

Offline Michael

• View Profile
Repeatable 406 Error
« on: June 20, 2017, 03:28:12 PM »
Okay, I'm going to try to remember everything here, it's been a long two days.

I installed AbanteCart through a hosting service's repository and install service. It is running on a known good SQL system and the repository has functioned successfully in the past.

It functioned most of the way through the setup located at /index.php, then began throwing 406 errors. When the directory or file is accessed, it responds with:

"Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /s/ could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

(Where /s/ is the directory in question)

I checked the permissions, which are the requested permissions for AbanteCart. I modified the .htaccess file to try to prevent mod_security from being a problem. No change, so I entered some garbage to see if I'd get a 500 gateway error. I did. The .htaccess is obviously functioning.

I did a full removal and reinstall. Same error immediately. I deleted all site cookies, and it functioned briefly. Once I got to the same point in the process (adding payment extensions, just after adding Google Analytics) now it provides the error immediately after logging in and crashes out.

I am nowhere near qualified to retool AbanteCart's source to determine the bad cookies. Or if the cookies are actually bad. Since the host can't replicate, they're not helpful at all, so has anyone run into this problem? It completely prevents me from running the software and I'm very quickly running out of ideas to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

Edit: 1609[GMT-5] 20JUN2017

I have found the single cookie that is the difference between go and no-go. It is the "Grid_Params" cookie, and I'd post the contents but the board sees it as an "external link," I guess. Attached is a screenshot of the data with the escape codes made to be human readable.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:18:01 PM by Michael »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Repeatable 406 Error
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 01:24:55 AM »
Hello.

Some hostings do not allow to change mod_security rules with .htacess
Try to contact hosting support and ask to help you with mod_security. It is more likely mod_secure block

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 08:04:25 AM »
Welcome to AbanteCart Michael!

What is your hosting company?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Michael

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »
I'm with Arvxie. I doubt they'll be too much help, their last request was I run a trace route on my connection.

I was unaware the security settings could be locked out (although it makes sense). That could be reset with a cookie?