Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Language / currency fixed for user groups  (Read 3739 times)

Offline jb19

• View Profile
Language / currency fixed for user groups
« on: June 27, 2017, 04:47:22 PM »
Hi there,

I have some general questions about AbanteCart and would like to know if the following is possible:
I want to restrict access to non-registered users so that they can't see the products and when they are registered they should be moved into a group that corresponds to their country. German customers go to the German group, French to the French group etc. That can be done manually if needed.
Is it possible to show a language and currency depending on what group a user is in so that they can't change it? Like the German users will only see €-prices and German texts, the American people would see US$ prices and English descriptions plus in the checkout process all the groups should see the specified banking account for their country.
Should I do that with multiple stores maybe?
I know, it's very specific, but on my search for a shop system that could provide that I landed here and am hopeful to get an answer to at least some of my questions.

Thanks in advance,
Joel

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Language / currency fixed for user groups
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 08:23:11 AM »
Welcome to forum.

I want to restrict access to non-registered users so that they can't see the products

In core AbanteCart you can restrict guest to see prices

Also there is 3rd party extension https://marketplace.abantecart.com/login-to-view-products
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 08:25:44 AM by Basara »

Offline jb19

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 03:42:43 PM »
Thanks a bunch, that's already helpful!
What about the second part of my question with the languages, currencies and bank accounts. Is that possible to some extent?

Best regards,
Joel

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 04:57:16 PM »
absolutely best way would be multi-store ,  one for each language. IMO

But you can control all stores easily from one admin dashboard
extension will work for each store in multi store setup so you can assign different shippers,  different payment systems to each one.