Author Topic: Default Category Page Layout  (Read 4273 times)

Offline totaffy

• View Profile
Default Category Page Layout
« on: July 02, 2017, 04:03:48 AM »
Hello,

Can you tell me where the 'default' category page layout is managed !'m using the default theme with the latest version of abantecart.

Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Default Category Page Layout
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 01:46:28 AM »
Hi.

Check Admin > Design > Layouts > Default Page Layout

Offline totaffy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 03:46:31 AM »
Hi Basara

Yes I tried this first as appears no default category layout, but doesn't appear to work. I can only seem to change the layout on individual categories. I deleted any individual category layout changes, so theres no override. Cleared cache also. Just tested a static banner block in header bottom, but doesnt appear, only if I put it in individual category layouts.

Offline totaffy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 07:56:21 AM »
I checked by simply swapping a couple of things around in the footer and the default page layout doesnt affect the default category page.

All the documentation for Abantecart (I've found) only references default product layout and individual category layout. I can't see a way of creating a default category layout in admin?

Is the default layout for categories only managed in the code?

Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 02:06:58 AM »
Hello.

What about others layout like Home or Cart page? Are they working for you?
Do you have any layout related errors in the error log?

Offline totaffy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 06:07:46 AM »
Hello

Thanks for your reply as it suggested that this was managed in the layouts somewhere, rather than just the code perhaps.

You were of course correct, its managed by the 'default page layout.'  I had "deleted any individual category layout changes" thou I hadn't deleted the actual 'individual category layouts' so there was an overide.

Re: "I can't see a way of creating a default category layout in admin"
I would like to do this rather than use the 'default page layout' - is this possible in admin?
Can the the default category layout assigned to an 'admin layout' somewhere in the code....Or something else?
Could you point me in the right direction for this please. I've located the .tpl files in the storefront directory, looking at cloning and editing files, and getting my head around the set up/architecture. Would this need to be done via a new template perhaps?

I would appreciate any help with this, thanks