Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Product can be added to cart without redirecting to cart page - not working  (Read 9090 times)

Offline ronanmag

• View Profile
Hi,
I have the following setting set to On in the config,but it doesn't appear to have any effect.

Same Page Add To Cart : This will enable AJAX add to cart feature. Product can be added to cart without redirecting to cart page.

Is the feature working in the current version or am I missing a setting ??

I want to stay on the same page when I add a product to my cart as I have multiple options available in the dropdown.

I tried the same scenario on your demo site and it doesn't work there either.
On your demo site, I selected an option from the Nail Lacquer product dropdown and clicked the add to cart button (I'm not allowed to add an external link to the page)
Expected :  Remain on the product page so I can select another option from the dropdown
Actual : Redirected to the cart page

This wouldn't be so bad if there were a "keep shopping" button on the cart page that redirected back to the product page.......maybe coming in a later build ?

Thanks,
Ronan

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Hi,
I have the following setting set to On in the config,but it doesn't appear to have any effect.

Same Page Add To Cart : This will enable AJAX add to cart feature. Product can be added to cart without redirecting to cart page.

Is the feature working in the current version or am I missing a setting ??

I want to stay on the same page when I add a product to my cart as I have multiple options available in the dropdown.

I tried the same scenario on your demo site and it doesn't work there either.
On your demo site, I selected an option from the Nail Lacquer product dropdown and clicked the add to cart button (I'm not allowed to add an external link to the page)
Expected :  Remain on the product page so I can select another option from the dropdown
Actual : Redirected to the cart page

This wouldn't be so bad if there were a "keep shopping" button on the cart page that redirected back to the product page.......maybe coming in a later build ?

Thanks,
Ronan

hi. this feature working only for products without options.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline ronanmag

• View Profile
Ok, thanks for the reply......
I don't suppose there's any plans to have it available for products with options ?

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Ok, thanks for the reply......
I don't suppose there's any plans to have it available for products with options?

yes. option of product have it's own price. Customer needs to know how much product costs before clicking "add to cart".
You can write your own js-script who could to get options list by ajax call and show dialog popup for customer... and after customer choice it will add product into cart..
We don't plan do this now, but we already planned do 2nd "default" template for storefront.. and probably this feature will be there.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:45:21 AM by abantecart »
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens