Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Storefront no longer loading  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Sulaiman

• View Profile
Storefront no longer loading
« on: July 24, 2017, 10:48:37 AM »
Good day all,

Can someone please help?

I recently installed AbanteCart Version 1.2.10 and everything was working very well. (Big thumbs up to the AbanteCart Team). On Thursday last week however, (20/7/2017) the storefront stopped loading. The error message:.....

This page isn’t working

laboratory-supplies.com.ng is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

.....would come up if you typed the url or clicked the link to the site (laboratory-supplies.com.ng). However if your typed a different path such as laboratory-supplies.com.ng/biology you would get in and be able to navigate all the sites pages except the homepage.

Our host company's tech support pointed to an error message in the AbanteCart log file when we complained to them.

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot unset string offsets in /home/********/public_html/storefront/model/catalog/manufacturer.php on line 67

Please I am at a total loss for what could cause this because all we have done since installation is replace names and images of pre-installed with our products'.

I will therefore appreciate any help, anyone.

Best wishes,

Sulaiman

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: Storefront no longer loading
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 11:01:42 AM »
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Sulaiman

• View Profile
Re: Storefront no longer loading
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 03:40:58 AM »
Thank you @aboloabo for your response. I had read that page before but I just couldn't apply it to my case. I have been able to sort out the problem though. One thing about programming / technical problems is that there are usually more than one way to fix any particular problem.

Our hosting company advised us to consult a developer who advised us to revert to how things were before the problem. After undoing numerous things we finally found it. We has just replaced the information in 'manufacturers' so that it will reflect in the scrolling brands list on the store's homepage however for some reason it was giving the error. So when we found it and changed the data source, voila!.
The site is now working.

Thanks again.

Sulaiman