Author Topic: My Error Log : Help Me Understand Or Solve This Error  (Read 7653 times)

Offline Amarbir

• View Profile
My Error Log : Help Me Understand Or Solve This Error
« on: January 09, 2013, 08:09:29 AM »
Hi Sir ,
    when i See My Error Log ,I Have Several Lines Of This

"2013-01-08 19:01:28 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.2 ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in <b>/home/lynxdeal/public_html/core/lib/session.php</b> on line <b>33</b> "

Can You Tell Me what This Error Is Related To .I Am Not finding Any Issues In Running AbanteCart Cart Though

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: My Error Log : Help Me Understand Or Solve This Error
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 11:19:51 PM »
Hi Sir ,

"2013-01-08 19:01:28 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.2 ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in <b>/home/lynxdeal/public_html/core/lib/session.php</b> on line <b>33</b> "

Can You Tell Me what This Error Is Related To .I Am Not finding Any Issues In Running AbanteCart Cart Though

hi,
php.ini have directive for disabling any function call. Please read this http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.disable-functions
To address this issue you have to ask your hosting provider about disabling. Probably you can enable ini_set by your own, custom, php.ini.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Amarbir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:34:10 AM »
Hi Sir ,

hi,
php.ini have directive for disabling any function call. Please read this http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.disable-functions
To address this issue you have to ask your hosting provider about disabling. Probably you can enable ini_set by your own, custom, php.ini.

Sir ,
    How Does It Effect The Cart ? .Is Some Functionality Missing due To this Error

Offline Nimitz1061

• No matter where you go, there you are...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 01:15:44 PM »
Hi Sir ,

hi,

More probably, they can't.   Odds are still only 50/50 that they can even use a php.ini file in their own webspace.   

Offline Nimitz1061

• No matter where you go, there you are...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 01:26:29 PM »
Hi Sir ,

hi,

Sir ,
    How Does It Effect The Cart ? .Is Some Functionality Missing due To this Error

These issues affect session behavior.  The short story on sessions is that they are a means to carry data about what a user is doing  with the site from one page to the next because without them the site could not behave coherently enough to accomplish work.

About line 31 of core/lib/sessions.php you will see something like:

Code: [Select]
ini_set('session.use_cookies', 'On');
ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', 'Off');
        ini_set('session.cookie_httponly', 'On');

What this does is:

A. tell the system to use 'cookies' (little files on the users computer which are then sent back to the server with information it needs to work correctly for the client).
B. tell the system to let Abantecart set the "session id" to prevent it from getting confused by outside data.
C. tell the system to mark the cookie so that it won't be provided to Javascript components, but ONLY to the HTML components. (roughly).

These help keep your site working correctly and safely.

These can also be configured in either a php configuration file named php.ini (usually) or via an 'htaccess' file in your web root.

If you copy this post to your web host they should be able to help you out now.

David