Author Topic: New text field under PRICE in PRODUCT PAGE  (Read 4936 times)

Offline Tristan

• View Profile
New text field under PRICE in PRODUCT PAGE
« on: August 06, 2017, 04:55:52 PM »
I need to create/insert a simple text field for/with some information, under the PRICE in some PRODUCT PAGE. Only some products need this, but is ok for me if leave empty for another. For example i need specify: "The price for this product is for 1 linear meter", or something like this, in general a comment for customer. In this way he know for what is this this price.
I need a simple solution. Optional, visible in SHOPPING CART, for product.
Maybe somebody can help me !
Thanks in advance !

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New text field under PRICE in PRODUCT PAGE
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 10:27:01 PM »
Why can't you create an option with one value as your text?
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 01:17:26 AM »
You can add Short description (blurb) to every product

Offline Tristan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 02:17:37 AM »
Thank you for answer!
Before posting I tried these solutions.
If i use "BLURB", this is visible on store front, under the product image. I not need see here, because some text/information is too long. But is a very good solution if is not visible here, and is visible only under the PRICE.
If i use ckeckbox/selectbox/radio, is visible the radio button/check button or field box. I don't need see this. It is not necessary for the buyer to select. How can hide this? The same, is a good solution, if only the text/information show. I tried to use hidden files, but it is only visible in the cart page.
I need a simple solution to use this information for some product, not for all.
My ideea is to create a new field dedicated for this in Product Summary--->General. Idon't know how can i made this.
The same i create a html block with this information, but i can't insert in this place, because is non editable or have default settings. This way work, but the text show above to LATEST PRODUCTS or the image.
If you have time to find a solution, please post it. Maybe other users need this solution.
Thank you!

Offline Tristan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 02:22:55 AM »
Here is my new shoot with explanations !

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »
What you request is implemented in 1.2.11 that will be release in about 1-2 weeks.
In version 1.2.11 you will be able to create an option of type "Label" that will act static and will be displayed in the product, order and invoice.

Here is a full git commit history.
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/commit/74c4d734dfbdd34e8f714ead8d05c76f724ca7d5
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett