Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: adding quantity to cart.. more than is available  (Read 3716 times)

Offline nigelt

• View Profile
adding quantity to cart.. more than is available
« on: August 14, 2017, 06:25:43 AM »
Just wondering if there is a setting somewhere that I'm missing.
On my product page under the description it tells me I have 1 available, but it quite happily allows me to put more than that number into the quantity box and to click "add to cart".
Then it shows me the shopping cart page and tells me that the quantity I want is not available.

Is there a setting somewhere than will check available quantity ( as displayed on the product page) against the quantity requested when I click "add to cart" ?.

Thanks in advance

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: adding quantity to cart.. more than is available
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:12:56 AM »
Hello.

If track stock enabled - product's quantity (availability) will be shown in the bottom of description for example http://demo.abantecart.com/index.php?rt=product/product&product_id=121

See Inventory settings http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/catalog/products/inventory.html
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:15:21 AM by Basara »

Offline nigelt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 12:34:53 PM »
Thanks for that but does it cater for stupid customers who dont notice the availability and put say, 8 in the qty required field, when availability is showing 3.
It just seems more sensible to inform the customer on the product page that the quantity required is not available rather than showing it on the shopping cart page.
Cheers

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 01:14:59 AM »
Hello.

You can show available quantity to your customers enable Track Stock in product settings then make sure you have enabled Display Stock in System > Settings > General

Offline nigelt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 03:52:33 AM »
Hi Basara, yes I know you can show the available quantity to the customer, but there is nothing stopping the customer from ordering MORE than the quantity available on the product page.
It only generates a warning on the shopping cart page to say the quantity required isnt available.
I was hoping that there was a setting that would stop the customer from ordering more than is available on the product page, rather than on the cart page.

I dont abantecart can do this.
Thanks for your help