Author Topic: Need a little guidence  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Knockishee

• View Profile
Need a little guidence
« on: September 08, 2017, 08:19:57 PM »
While this is obviously still very much a work in progress, I am getting the hang of it. I have uploaded a pic of the top part of my site, what I want to know is the following, if you look at the pic, in order to do what it outlines, am I correct in thinking the only way is to remove the social icon block at the top, then use that column to insert a Html Box?

I would like to put a kind of description of my site, and what it does at the top and center it. I have only just started learning CSS so not ready to go too deep into code :D. The other thing I wanted to know was, at the moment I appear to have 3 columns, I would like 4 in that area but having said that It is more important to me to have my site responsive for phones.

Anyone got any ideas? and and please ignore my logo, i also hate it and will change it!!

PS
192KB upload!! man that took some doing getting the file down to size :P

Offline Knockishee

• View Profile
Re: Need a little guidence
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 11:07:34 PM »
The more I think about it, the more i am sure I can do a super version of what I want using blocks. I keep thinking things should be harder than they actually are with this software.

If I use the layout tools, then maybe a altered copy of the manufacture moving banner thing, i should be able to achieve what I am after. i will give it qa go and report back.

The main problem is the docs, I am not moaning its the same thing with most open source software. Do you want developers using time to code and improve the software, or would you rather they wasted it writing docs. I think alot of the time people tend to assume documentation is like a quick email, personally even for a noob like me, the docs are just enough to get you going, sure you got to figure things out but its worth the effort in the long run.

Obviously if your in a rush, then by all means pay money for an inferior product that has documentation........