Author Topic: My opinions  (Read 28040 times)

Offline UnQ

• View Profile
My opinions
« on: January 22, 2013, 12:36:43 PM »
Hi team.

I don't know if here is the right place to post my advice for you ..... So, I will be quick:

1. First I would wish to inform me that I need PHP 5.3 before upgrade to 1.1.3 version. :-\
2. For SEO optimization is not a good idea to change the images name. If I'm going to upload an image with the name word1_word2_word3.jpg or word1-word2-word3.jpg this is going in the end to be like word1word2word3.jpg‑100187‑120x120.jpg. And that is not on Google taste, because word1word2word3 make no sense.
3. On the blocks with "featured" or "best seller": If is set to view only 4 items per page, there is no matter if I have 4 or 15 or 100 featured products. The system will show only the first 4 all the time. A randomization or mix display will be useful.

anyway you are doing a great job. Keep it so!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: My opinions
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:25:07 AM »
Thank you for your feedback. We will consider your comments in futures upodates

What makes you think we require PHP 5.3?
AbanteCart is still on PHP 5.2 min requirement
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline UnQ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 05:34:36 AM »
Hi,
My server was on PHP Version 5.2.17 and when I upgraded AbanteCart Cart to 1.1.3 it comes into an error on core/helper/utils.php on line 302.
This error happen when I was trying to edit or add new products.
As I found after, the syntax "DateTime" is available only in 5.3 and later.

So... Server updated to PHP 5.3 and now everything is going fine.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 07:52:33 AM »
This is not for 5.3 but for 5.2. Possibly you just did not have this library enabled or installed.

See manual
http://ua.php.net/manual/en/class.datetime.php
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline UnQ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 09:52:40 AM »
You are right. It is possible.

Just not to open another topic... I don't know if is my configuration fault or is a bug in code, but:

1. In 1.1.3 I can't use the default_flat_rate_shipping extension anymore. Simply don't show up in the cart as shipping option.
2. In 1.1.3 - the weight of the products are not calculated and don't appear on product page and is not calculated as weight for shipping.
3. Also in 1.1.2 - There is some problems regarding order history. If I change the status of an order from admin/sales/orders or if I choose to edit an order in admin sale/order/history&order_id, the status of the order on the storefront will be changed in the status of order in account/history but will remain unchanged in details of the order in account/invoice&order_id. The only way to make the status order to be updated in storefront account/invoice&order_id is to modify the status of an order from admin panel in sale/order/history&order_id= at tab status&comments but I need to check "Notify Customer".

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 11:58:20 PM »
Hi.
About datetime..
please replace file core/helper/utils.php by attached and let me know.

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline UnQ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 05:45:21 AM »
I tested it.
So far so good!
I will let you know if something wrong.

Thanks.

Offline UnQ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 11:50:25 AM »
Other issues...

4. Auto refresh pages problems. When I do modification on a page that require auto refresh; after auto refresh it seems like the modifications are made but not displayed yet. The display is showing the last configuration before modification like nothing happend. If I do a manual refresh of the page from browser the modification I made are shown. That's happen on pages like:
Admin - catalog/product_images&product_id when I'm using the Resource Library and trying to change order of images.
Admin - catalog/product_options&product_id when I'm working with Options (e.g. adding options).
Storefront - index.php?rt=checkout/cart any modifications, e.g. remove product from cart or changing the no. of products each type.
5. Storefront - index.php?rt=account/login I can't login from first try.
6. Storefront - if I'm not logged in and I have added some products in my cart. I'm going to my cart (index.php?rt=checkout/cart) and press "shipping" button I will be reidrected to index.php?rt=account/login. So far is ok, but after login in my account I'm redirected to index.php?rt=account/account instead of index.php?rt=checkout/shipping. This problem is appearing randomly, and not every time (like an error in managing cookies).
7. Storefront - index.php?rt=account/logout. After logout I receive an Error: Chrome - This webpage has a redirect loop, Firefox - The page isn't redirecting properly

Any other issues will be posted here...

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 11:31:01 PM »
Other issues...

4. Auto refresh pages problems. When I do modification on a page that require auto refresh; after auto refresh it seems like the modifications are made but not displayed yet. The display is showing the last configuration before modification like nothing happend. If I do a manual refresh of the page from browser the modification I made are shown. That's happen on pages like:
Admin - catalog/product_images&product_id when I'm using the Resource Library and trying to change order of images.
Admin - catalog/product_options&product_id when I'm working with Options (e.g. adding options).
Storefront - index.php?rt=checkout/cart any modifications, e.g. remove product from cart or changing the no. of products each type.
5. Storefront - index.php?rt=account/login I can't login from first try.
6. Storefront - if I'm not logged in and I have added some products in my cart. I'm going to my cart (index.php?rt=checkout/cart) and press "shipping" button I will be reidrected to index.php?rt=account/login. So far is ok, but after login in my account I'm redirected to index.php?rt=account/account instead of index.php?rt=checkout/shipping. This problem is appearing randomly, and not every time (like an error in managing cookies).
7. Storefront - index.php?rt=account/logout. After logout I receive an Error: Chrome - This webpage has a redirect loop, Firefox - The page isn't redirecting properly

Any other issues will be posted here...

you described something amazing. could you give me URL to look on it?
― Charles Dickens

Offline UnQ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 04:11:34 PM »
To those who will encounter the issues on points 4. 5. 6. and 7. as listed above:
Thanks to abolado the issues are gone.
You must to disable varnish accelerator in your cpanel (or ask provider to do) in order to solve these.

Still remain up the points 1. 2. and 3.

Anyway, thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:15:08 PM by UnQ »

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 11:40:25 PM »
To those who will encounter the issues on points 4. 5. 6. and 7. as listed above:
Thanks to abolado the issues are gone.
You must to disable varnish accelerator in your cpanel (or ask provider to do) in order to solve these.

Still remain up the points 1. 2. and 3.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

1. please look into default_flat_rate edit page in menu "extensions". Read about Auto Select. Is it?
2. products have enabled switcher-checkbox "required shipping" on it's edit page?
3. it's not a bug. Customer see only what is set to notify to them
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 02:55:35 AM by abolabo »
― Charles Dickens

Offline UnQ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 02:22:49 PM »
Hi. Thanks for your work.

1. No. Isn't checked. And in the 1.1.2. was working fine. I'm using the default_flat_rate among with other shipping option, but these are showing up except default_flat_rate. I was thinking that is from translate process. Because some definition can't be edited using the editor it is possible to be affected in the database. The problem is that I don't remember if I've done some change, by mistake, in the code too :(. I will check again.
2. Yes. Also was working in the 1.1.2. And here I don't have any clue about what problem can be...
3. If is not a bug, why in the index.php?rt=account/history the customer are seeing a status and in the index.php?rt=account/invoice&order_id another?

Offline fragueiro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 04:51:49 AM »
Hello, good afternoon everyone!

Sorry for my English, I'm Brazilian and I live in Brazil.

I liked very Abantecart even more.
It was a long time that I did not see a platform so well structured, congratulations!
Work in Brazil with development of virtual stores, have used various platforms, I won't be talking about them, otherwise the text will stay too long.
Lately I've been using OpenCart for development of stores, by reason of being simple, have many modules available, and fair price of the modules.
I would use the AbanteCart platform for sure, but at the moment does not have enough modules to use here in Brazil.
For example, payment modules, shipping modules, module "notify me when available", "shipping Estimate module on the product page", and so on.
Despite being similar to OpenCart, and I have seen comments that the AbanteCart is a copy of OpenCart, I found the AbanteCart far superior, much more well prepared, and without any doubt is a unique design, very well done!
I'll leave a tip for you that I think it would be good for all users of OpenCart that will appreciate the AbanteCart, but cannot change the platform because of the lack of modules.
You could create a tool, a module, that caused the OpenCart modules are compatible with the AbanteCart, at least for now, to have several modules for the AbanteCart.
OpenCart modules developers could sell its modules on the site of you as well, so you would gain a Commission for the sale of the modules, the same is done on the site of OpenCart.
It would be nice for developers of modules, for you and especially for new users of AbanteCart.

Here is my tip to you registered.
I'm sending the link of one of the stores that I did for you have an idea of the amount of modules that typically need to use in a store.
"mynd.com.br/loja/"

Once you see, congratulations AbanteCart!
I wish for you a lot of success!

Best regards
Antonio Fragueiro

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 04:57:24 AM »
Thank you for your nice comment.  ;)

Your store looks pretty good. We will consider your tips in new default storefront  that we are working on