Author Topic: Duplicating Categories  (Read 3288 times)

Offline dulrich

• View Profile
Duplicating Categories
« on: October 02, 2017, 09:22:31 PM »
Hi, I am hoping that there is a way to copy or duplicate categories. I am building an automotive website and many of the categories are applicable to multiple model years, so I need to have the same sub categories over multiple years and models.

Is there any way to use sub categories under multiple categories at the same time?

Thanks,

Dave

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Duplicating Categories
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 01:26:46 AM »
Hello.

You can add several categories/subcategories to same product

Offline dulrich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 11:29:08 AM »
That's good to know and I will need to do that. However, I am building a drill down architecture for the menu system. For instance, The home category is in this case (Ford) / first sub (2011) Second sub (f-150) / Third sub "options" (with console) (without console) etc. to drill down to the correct product. My problem is that I need to use the same sub categories for the years 2012, 2013, and 2014 which were all the same body style. Ideally I would like to be able to assign the sub categories to multiple menu strings or be able to copy them. Is this possible or would I need to build each instance individually. What I am building as you see is a huge undertaking, so any thing I can do to streamline the process would be a big help.

Thanks,

Dave

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 06:21:20 PM »
If you are proficient with databases you can build your first one completely out  and then look at the database table(s)
and replicate. 

If you are not proficient you will create a huge mess to fix.  :)

Offline dulrich

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 09:15:02 PM »
Nope unfortunately I am not a programer