Author Topic: An easy way to keep all the articles  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
An easy way to keep all the articles
« on: October 05, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »
Hello everyone,
I am looking for an easy way of keeping track of all the articles
For example this month I have posted an article so what I do is I have article category and and I post it there. But I want something where they can read articles from every month like a list of articles and when they click(select) on any one then they can read it.. Is there any extension available? I might have overlooked at them. I am need of quick solution.
Basically what I am looking for is a method to achieve something like WordPress blog. But if I can do it with AbanteCart that would be great

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: An easy way to keep all the articles
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 05:55:00 PM »
http://marketplace.abantecart.com/blog_manager?keyword=blog&category_id=0

did you see this one?  says it works up to 1.2.10  so if you are running 1.2.11  you should contact the developer of this extension prior to buying.

You also could just add each article as a content page -  and then under your category just add the title and the page link.

eg,  Category  Articles
Description  could look like this:

2017 January
       Making Your First Million (linked to the article URL)
       Spending Your First Million  (linked to the article URL)

2017 February
       Finding my Second Million

On your Category page edit -  you have the ability to add lots of words in the description field.  Also,  you alter the layout if desired.   

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
Re: An easy way to keep all the articles
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 10:01:15 AM »
Thanks llegrand, I guess I overlooked the extension. I will contact the developer and ask about v1.2.11 . And yes as of now I was using the method you suggested but after some point I don't want to do it manually because I have to create a content page then add it on top of category. And this would also be pain for client to write a article.

Have a nice weekend!!