Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Multiple countries for Billing and one country for shipping  (Read 6019 times)

Offline AVS

• View Profile
Multiple countries for Billing and one country for shipping
« on: October 14, 2017, 09:57:03 PM »
Please tell me how to allow Billing address with all countries in the world but for Shipping address, limit or restrict to one or two counties?
 When I do location and zone settings by switching off certain countries, billing and shipping drop down both are not showing the countries  I switched off. I need to show all countries in Billing drop down but disable other counties in shipping drop-down. This is because a user in any part of the world may order a product that has to be delivered somewhere else...

One may question, what if a user selects Billing and shipping address a same?
In this situation, on the top of it clear instruction alert  to user must be displayed if he selects any other country in the first place to urge him to select allowed country in the shipping drop-down. This is to ensure minimizing confusion and avoiding cancelling order later on and refund processes etc.. and  nip it in beginning itself. I request knowledgeable members to help me regarding this issue.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple countries for Billing and one country for shipping
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 01:47:52 AM »
Hello.

If you disable country in admin it is disabled everywhere. What you can is set specific Location (include countries/regions you need) and limit shipping or payment to be shown for the customer who have address within location

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/15990797/List+Locations

Offline AVS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 04:58:56 AM »
Hello.

If you disable country in admin it is disabled everywhere. What you can is set specific Location (include countries/regions you need) and limit shipping or payment to be shown for the customer who have address within location

Thank you for your reply. I tried as you said. Created new location and zones and saved. But still the form shows all countries in shipping section. I don't know how to apply this new location specifically to shipping section. As I mentioned, I wanted the billing section alone to show all countries. I am stuck up at this point after creating new location as you said. Please help me.
Thanks
AVS  :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:53:08 AM by AVS »

Offline AVS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:26:11 PM »
Hi all
Please do help me resolve this. For developers, this must be a cakewalk and definitely there must be a proper solution to this issue. I am awaiting for your response.  Abantecart has many interesting features and very easy to customize for even a layman. But still there are certain areas that need tweaking that can be useful to many people like me. One such topic is what I have posted here that can definitely be useful in the further evolution of Abantecart. I hope someone come here and give correct solution to this issue.
Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 01:51:17 AM »
Hi.
If you disable Country in admin but it is still available for selection when new address entered you need to do next steps:
1. Clear AbanteCart cache
2. Clear browser cache
3. try again

For the Locations. Open you shipping method in admin there will be dropdown to select in what Location shipping will work. Default value is 'All Location', please select yours

Offline AVS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 03:28:43 AM »
Hi.
If you disable Country in admin but it is still available for selection when new address entered you need to do next steps:
1. Clear AbanteCart cache
2. Clear browser cache
3. try again

For the Locations. Open you shipping method in admin there will be dropdown to select in what Location shipping will work. Default value is 'All Location', please select yours

Thank you Basara for your tips. Your solution to my issue works partially. I request you to  kindly help me with these points. Please see these points below:
1. The shipping method settings in admin has to be Free Shipping method for location restriction to work. I selected that to test it. It works in such a way that, if user selects a restricted  country in the drop down, user sees an error that "Shipping Option is not available. Please Contact store owner".
2.  This is not working if Flat rate Shipping extension method is enabled. This extension does not have country specific restriction.
3. I need to show shipping rate in the Top Cart Box as well as view cart page etc.... These Two Extensions cannot be ON simultaneously.  Either of these will only work at a time. So, If  I enable in admin. default Free shipping extension, then Shipping rate is showing '0' in cart despite product settings has fixed rate price set to ON and amount saved in admin.
4. Also biggest drawback is that if Countries are disabled in Admin, it is disabling globally and won't  show in drop-down for billing section. It would be great if,  Billing section countries and Shipping section countries drop down is separately controlled and independently configured.
 All these things put together, I needed better clear solution so that, the following are needed to be done in this way as below:

A. Restrict and not show those restricted countries in drop down  for shipping and allow/show all countries for billing in the drop-down instead of disabling it globally in checkout  Step 1 page.
B. Instead of location settings in Free shipping extension alone, "Default Flat rate Shipping Extension must include Country/Location settings.
Please let me know any other method or coding to acheive this.

Awaiting your reply and thanks

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:31:20 AM by AVS »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 06:49:16 AM »
Hi.

Free shipping extension is for 'Free shipping' of course it will show you 0

Default Flat rate Shipping Extension will be improved. I add issue to tracker https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/1010

Offline AVS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 07:00:05 AM »
Hi.

Free shipping extension is for 'Free shipping' of course it will show you 0

Default Flat rate Shipping Extension will be improved. I add issue to tracker.

Thank you very much for adding this issue to Tracker. Your response is really much appreciated. Hope the issue will be fixed at the earliest, in the 'Flat rate Shipping Extension' and include country and Location restriction. I request you to kindly do  follow-up with tracker and Please let me know when it is fixed.
Thanking you again,