Author Topic: Unable to upgrade to 1.2.11  (Read 8931 times)

Offline tecqueen44

• View Profile
Unable to upgrade to 1.2.11
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:13:13 PM »
Error log message

2017-10-17 0:30:37 - warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.10 mkdir() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, string given in <b>/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/eshop/core/lib/targz.php</b> on line <b>78</b>

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to upgrade to 1.2.11
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 04:35:21 AM »

Offline tecqueen44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 09:36:29 AM »
Thanks for speedy reply.
I have backed up shop database, created a clone, copied "code" contents into my shop directory but I'm unsure regarding the MySql database table prefix and locating the upgrade.sql file. In CPanel, Under Scripts Installations, the version did change to 1.2.11, and I have not edited the upgrade.php line 30 yet.  Please advise.

This is what my database looks like on the clone. Do I leave it like this or change prefix and how?

[xxxxxxx_aban215.abtvkz_addresses] status: OK
[xxxxxxx_aban215.abtvkz_ant_messages] status: OK
[xxxxxxx_aban215.abtvkz_banner_descriptions] status: OK
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:09:11 PM by tecqueen44 »

Offline tecqueen44

• View Profile
Re: Unable to upgrade to 1.2.11 (Finally works)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 02:34:18 PM »
I realize what I had did wrong during the process of the upgrade manually.

1. First, I had the prefix incorrect for the upgrade.sql file, I included my clone database name(xxxxxxxx_aban215.abtvkv_addresses).  I just needed to remove and change ac to abtvkv_addresses.

After making correction, I went back into PhpMyAdmin, selected my clone database, click import, choose the upgrade.sql file and click go...Now the script worked without any errors.

2. Second, I put the upgrade.php with the other files /public_html/shop/admin/controller/common/.   I had the path to the upgrade.php incorrect, I just needed to change the head.php/line 30 with correct path and reload my shop Admin panel.

Now, the clone shop Admin loads without any system log errors and my cloned shop website works again.  I will test my clone for a week before upgrading my live site.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:16:14 PM by tecqueen44 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 02:03:06 AM »
Thank you, tecqueen44

Offline mhickin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 12:58:49 AM »
I'm also having an issue..

I have tried the automatic way, through clicking the link within the message in the admin section, and using 'network install' I click Continue.
It has a loading bar and says 'downloading'. Then it just goes back to the original 'network install' page with a Continue button again - It's appeared to have done nothing. Have clicked Continue again, it downloads again.. and then nothing.

I then tried to do it through 'extension upload'. It uploads, then does nothing.

So, I then tried doing it manually.
Changed the SQL successfully, uploaded the files to an 'upgrade' folder within /admin/controller/common, and changed the head.php with the 'include' line on line 30 to show "include('upgrade/upgrade.php');". I then reloaded the admin page, logged in, and it does nothing (It brings up the wizard, like it always has on this version).

I'm at a loss as to what to do now?

I've tried putting the files in different locations (even within the 'common' folder itself with the head.php etc in case I was stuffing up the locations within the 'include' command.

Anyone able to help?
Softalicious unfortunately doesn't have an 'upgrade' button either.
There are no logs consistent with this either.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:21:02 AM by mhickin »

Offline tecqueen44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 03:17:05 PM »
Make sure that you have copied all the "code" files from the abantecart_1.2.11_upgrade_only folder into your shop directory using Filezilla or other application.

The upgrade.php file should be the only file you copy within the /admin/controller/common folder.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 05:32:18 PM by tecqueen44 »

Offline mhickin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 06:32:44 PM »
Thanks, but I'd already tried your suggestion with no luck.

I got someone in web development to have a look, and they couldn't get it to run either.
So I've installed a fresh version of the current update, and copied across what I needed (the previous version was bugging me!)