Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Guest Checkout_Step 1_Change Form order Shipping address First on Top  (Read 5318 times)

Offline AVS

• View Profile
Dear members,

It would helpful and great, if some one tell me how to modify Abantecart to display Shipping address form first on Top in the Guest Checkout_Step 1 page. If Billing address is different from shipping address, then the radio button click must show the billing form fields. This is opposite of  abantecart present default checkout page_Step_1. Because many customers may prefer first to fill up shipping address and then select if billing address is same or not.

Thanks
AVS    :)

Offline maxter

• View Profile
Re: Guest Checkout_Step 1_Change Form order Shipping address First on Top
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 11:48:59 AM »
Possibly, I am to very clear with your questions, but I think it is already working this way.

Anyways, the template for the page is in this file and you can move sections as you need them in HTML
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/blob/master/public_html/storefront/view/default/template/pages/checkout/guest_step_1.tpl

Offline AVS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 10:09:41 PM »
Thank you maxter.
Your reply to my query is near to resolve the issue, but I think it needs further tuning. Because, just moving the section alone  in tpl file may not serve the purpose, as the radio button which not clicked will auto  populate the guest details in the shipping field. In the invoice page also the details entered by the user has to be reversed. But if we move the the section alone to top it may not work as we needed. Kindly guide me exactly how to achieve it.

Update: I tried moving the shipping section in tpl file to the top as you said. But still the checkout page shows billing address field in the top, despite clearing cache in admin panel and browser. I request all to help me regarding this.
Thanks
AVS  :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:26:32 PM by AVS »

Offline AVS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:18:30 PM »
Hi all
Please do help me resolve this. For developers, giving concrete solution for this must be a cakewalk. I am awaiting for your response.
Thanks

Offline AVS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 12:40:00 AM »
Hi all,
Awaiting someone to give me a solution. It must be simple for those who have even little knowledge in PHP and Database tables. I am layman. With plenty of skills around, I wonder still no one has given any reply to my query. Please do something to resolve the issue.
Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 06:02:10 AM »
Hi. Modifying system to your requirement is not an "issue".
If you need someone with php knowledge try ask in Development Help Needed forum branch or find freelancer   ;)

Offline AVS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 01:54:23 AM »
Hi. Modifying system to your requirement is not an "issue".
If you need someone with php knowledge try ask in Development Help Needed forum branch or find freelancer   ;)

Hi,
Thank you for your reply and  I will ask help from Development Help forum branch for this. The word "Issue"  I mentioned is just a casual word. I understand that this is definitely not an "issue" in this context and the modification I requested in this post is my own requirement. Perhaps useful to others also! I appreciate Abantecart for this great software with so many features very useful for many people.
Thanks