Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Accepting Paypal payments from those with no Paypal account?  (Read 3784 times)

Offline JDCNCWORX

• View Profile
Accepting Paypal payments from those with no Paypal account?
« on: October 26, 2017, 01:37:51 AM »
I am currently setting up AbanteCart. I have everything ready to go. On a test purchase, I go to check out and when I get to PayPal there is no way to complete the payment without creating a PayPal account. I don't want to force my customers to create a PayPal account to pay me with their credit card. ( I am sure this will limit sales) Any ideas how I can resolve this issue? I am using the PayPal Standard expression currently. Thanks in advance for any help. JD ~

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Accepting Paypal payments from those with no Paypal account?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 03:16:13 AM »
Hello.
Try CardConnect payment or pp pro. You can use few payments and allow customers choose how to pay

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 11:26:12 AM »
First off,  is your PayPal account a business account rather than a personal one?  If it is,  then you should check with PayPal to see if your country is able to accept credit cards.   If it isn't you need to upgrade to a business account,  or make a new business account -  you can have both a personal and business account,  but they cannot have the same email address.

To the best of my knowledge,  all levels of business accounts have an option showing in the lower level of the checkout screen to use a credit card without having or making a PayPal account.  But I think there may be some issues with some countries due to a high level of credit card fraud in the location.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Offline JDCNCWORX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 11:52:16 AM »
Hi,  Thanks a lot for the hints. I switched from PayPal Standard to PayPal Pro. Had issues. I am sure they were my issues. Went to CardConnect and same issues. Set up PayPal Express and it's perfect. I am in the US with a PayPal Business account. Thanks again. All good to go once I figure out why my Logo shows up so huge. ;-)

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 12:37:37 PM »
Resize your logo image to the size of image you want to see.  Name it logo-sm.png, or whatever, then go to the PP_Express extension, remove the existing logo image, then add the new small image.