Author Topic: Mapping Brands, Manufacturers to Category  (Read 7005 times)

Offline James

• View Profile
Mapping Brands, Manufacturers to Category
« on: December 30, 2011, 05:11:19 AM »
Dear All,

I was looking at having the ability to Map Brands and Manufacturers that is added into AbanteCart with Categories, Allow certain brands to be available only under certain categories.

Example: If Nikkon Brand is visible throughout the store, it might not be helpful other than in the Camera Category or Electronics. As the list of brands displayed under each category then would be appropriate to the products listed in that category.

Please do advice if i have missed any feature if available in the cart that would allow me to achieve this? if not would these be possible in the near future releases?
echo $james;

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Mapping Brands, Manufacturers to Category
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 07:34:46 AM »
There is no way to do this yet. Currently, Brands and Categories are independent.

What is coming in the future, is an ability to refine product listing result.

We will consider combining this feature together.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline James

• View Profile
Re: Mapping Brands, Manufacturers to Category
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 10:36:31 AM »
It would be of great help i personally believe :) as currently if the store is big, then the brand list can get huge :) that's whats happening in our case.

If brands can be mapped to categories or somehow related, and only brands relevant to that category is displayed it would be great i believe..

btw when is the next release expected? as currently on the admin of 0.9.1 Version it says..

"AbanteCart V0.9.1Alpha is a current shopping cart version intended for review and is not recommended to be used as production yet. Upgrade is commit soon and you will see notification"

can we expect the production version to be out soon?
echo $james;