Author Topic: Anyone here up for some stress testing?  (Read 8322 times)

Offline Earl Hickey

• View Profile
Anyone here up for some stress testing?
« on: November 17, 2017, 08:21:34 AM »
Hey all/anyone?
Sorry but it seems a little dead in this forum, lots of very old posts & expired domains.
However i'm hoping there may be someone genuine around interested to take a bit of time out of their day to give our shop a once over & help find whatever needs to be sorted out & fixed.
I'm far far away from being a pro at this stuff & just struggling on to have a go at getting set up. I am also very weary of people on the net with so many dicks & scammers spoiling trust for everyone. So i'm not keen to put up our url here but if you are a decent person & just like to help out, we would love to hear from you & have a bit of a private(non public) chat about web shops, the universe & everything.
Cheers for looking in.

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
Re: Anyone here up for some stress testing?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 12:50:32 PM »
Hi Earl.  I get what you're saying, but I'd encourage you to take a different approach. 

The sole purpose of a website is to be made public and used by anyone who passes by.

If your site is not completely finished, you can make it live and ask for feedback, then put it back into maintenance mode to keep working on it. 

There is no security risk unless you have really hacked up the core. 

BTW, I'll make a trade with you.  Take a look at my site and I'll take a look at yours. 

www.inspired-designco.com
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 01:48:38 PM by Geoffrey »

Offline Earl Hickey

• View Profile
Re: Anyone here up for some stress testing?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 05:17:59 AM »
Cheers Geoffrey
I hear ya mate. Sent you a pm.
Thanks mate.