Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: ipad does not stay responsive switching from portrait to landscape and then BACK  (Read 3586 times)

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
www.inspired-designco.com

Responsive works fine on all devices: desktop, laptop, android phone, android tablet, iphone, ipad. 

On ipad, if you change from portrait to landscape, or landscape to portrait, responsive works fine.

However, if you then change back to the original orientation from when the page loaded, responsive quits working until you navigate to different page.  Then it's the same thing all over again. 

This only happens on my ipad.  On my phones and other tablets, i can flop them back and forth all day and the site renders fine.   

Can someone with an ipad check this for me?

The only ipad I have for checking is a gen 1, which is stuck at iOS 5.1.1.   :-[

Any ideas on what the cause may be?

Thx.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Hi. In old devices browser is also outdated, maybe just a browser glitch  ???

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
Thanks for the reply. 
Can anyone with a real ipad confirm that responsive layout stays functional during multiple changes between portrait and landscape?

byline: iPad1 came out in April 2010; ios6 came out in June 2012.  Not compatible at 2 yrs!  Good ol' apple!   8)

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
No problem on Ipad Air or mini
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
OK, thank you!