Author Topic: Auto Approval not working  (Read 3734 times)

Offline imcs231

• View Profile
Auto Approval not working
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:23:22 PM »
I have tried everything. I have my store completely set-up except I can't get the auto approval to work. I don't want to have to be constantly signed into my AbanteCart backend administration to monitor for new registrations and then approve them manually . So what I want is for a new customer to to be automatically approved immediately after filling out the registration form at which point they will get an email telling them they are approved and then the customer clicks on a link to verify email address and activate the account. I am using version 1.2.10. My settings right now are:

system>settings>checkout
Email Activation for New Customers: ON
Approve New Customers: Off

Someone please tell me what i am missing. I've been trying to figure this out for hours now.

Offline maxter

• View Profile
Re: Auto Approval not working
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:25:51 PM »
So what I want is for a new customer to to be automatically approved immediately after filling out the registration form at which point they will get an email telling them they are approved and then the customer clicks on a link to verify email address and activate the account. I am using version 1.2.10. My settings right now are:

system>settings>checkout
Email Activation for New Customers: ON
Approve New Customers: Off

I think you misunderstood the setting. Based on what you need, Email Activation for New Customers, should be set to OFF

Offline imcs231

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 12:59:25 AM »
I thought of that. I made that change earlier today but I am still getting the same result. When a customer registers they get an email telling them that their account needs to be approved and that they will get another email when that happens and that second email has a link for them to click. This is exactly the same result as when I had email activation for new customers turned on. And I don't think I did mis-read anything either. All I want is for my new customers to get an email with a link that they click and that activates the account. Activation and approval are 2 different things. Every new account has to be both activated(turned On) and approved. Therefore if I want my new customers to get an email with a link for them to activate their account then Email Activation for New Customers should be turned on.

Does that make sense or am i missing something?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 01:24:00 AM »
I have tried everything. I have my store completely set-up except I can't get the auto approval to work.

Hello. All your customers are APPROVED with default settings. You have an option to:
1. Enable manual approve - in this case please set Approve New Customers to ON
2. Verify customer's email to activate account - in this case please enable Email Activation
3. Prevent spam account by enabling captcha (or goole ReCaptcha) for create account form