Author Topic: Install/Fix Multistore Gig $$  (Read 6715 times)

Offline jprevj

• View Profile
Install/Fix Multistore Gig $$
« on: December 08, 2017, 09:05:19 PM »
I have been able to install a second store but I can't get the second store to load under it's own domain.  It loads under the original domain. Anyone here have experience with this and want to get it going for me? And tell me what I did wrong.  Tell me your time frame and price.

Thanks

Joe
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 10:16:09 AM by jprevj »

Offline maxter

• View Profile
Re: Install/Fix Multistore Gig $$
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:10:28 PM »
Hello Joe,

I do not think your post is clear. I can only guess.
If you installed the second copy of the store using a backup of the first store, it will have older domain settings.

Overwise, this will be a setting in your hosting control panel to manage there your domain suppose to point.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 01:31:21 AM »
I have been able to install a second store but I can't get the second store to load under it's own domain.  It loads under the original domain. Anyone here have experience with this and want to get it going for me? And tell me what I did wrong.  Tell me your time frame and price.

Thanks

Joe

Make sure you point your second domain to same root on your server
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/8028306/Multi-store

Offline jprevj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 06:31:34 PM »
I'll try to make it clearer.  I'll use some fictitious names.  I have a AbanteCart store called tshirt.com.  I have been able to get it set up like I want with shipping and tax working correctly.  I have entered all my products and set up my categories.  It's just about ready to go.  Now I find myself wanting to set up a second store.  Call it baseballcaps.com.  I went to add store and copied my default store (tshirt.com) and everything seemed fine.  However when I go to the drop down menu and and select baseballcaps.com and then hit show site the site comes up, it just shows the domain name as tshirt.com.  That's all I need to fix.

"Make sure you point your second domain to same root on your server." I am a graphic artist and not a great with root etc.  The second store is in the public_html folder.  Is that correct?

Thanks for the replies.  I really like AbanteCart and hope I am able to get this worked out.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:24:54 PM by jprevj »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 12:47:40 AM »
Hello.

Let me explain multistore in AbanteCart. You use same files (same installation) so you dont need to copy your install or anything like that.
What you need is to ask your hosting support to point your second domain to the same folder where AbanteCart installed.

By the way make sure your new second store status is ON (login to AbanteCart admin > System > Settings > Store details, select your store, click Edit button in the left)

Offline jprevj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 07:45:03 PM »
"You use same files (same installation) so you dont need to copy your install" I didn't copy my install.  I copied the install of my first store to make a second store. Which made a second store that works perfectly except it doesn't come up under its own domain name.  Thank you for explaining.

"What you need is to ask your hosting support to point your second domain to the same folder where AbanteCart installed." I mentioned in the second post below "The second store is in the public_html folder.  Is that correct?". Public_html is where the first one is located. Is that correct?

I attached a screen shot. Just after extensions in the pic is the folder for the second store, under public_html.  Does this make it clearer as to whether or not it is set up where it needs to be?

Yes, it's on.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 01:02:35 AM »
Hello.

You should have only one installation. No files copy.

Say you have AbanteCart installed in /public_html/ folder and set your store url as first.com

To create second store you need go to admin in first.com store and click to create new one with new Store Url like http://second.com

Here all you need to do in AbanteCart side.

Now you should or your hosting support to point your http://second.com domain to the same /public_html/ folder. Note this is something related to your domain/hosting configuration nothing to do here with AbanteCart.

Here is example how it may look in your hosting panel

Offline jprevj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 09:34:35 PM »

I think what I need to do as one last effort to get this up and running to stay with AbanteCart and not go to 3DCart is to document everything with screen shots.  Maybe someone can tell me where I've gone wrong.

Offline jaja

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 02:03:38 AM »
Why not ask host support help you with domain setup? 5 min deal