Author Topic: Order Management - > Reset order and invoive number  (Read 8715 times)

Offline Amarbir

• View Profile
Order Management - > Reset order and invoive number
« on: February 03, 2013, 10:34:50 PM »
Hi Folks  ,
            Please Take a Example  .

1 : I have a product Called " A" And qty i have is 5 units  .Someone places a order and buy 1 unit .On checking qty decreased to 4 .His order status is processing .If i cancel his order and change state to cancelled .Then also qty remains 4 does not come back to 5 .If i physically delete order then also qty remains 4 WTH ?

2 : I would like to ask that if i would like the invoice and orders from start from 1 again how to do this please ? .
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:22:42 AM by abantecart »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Order Management - > Reset order and invoive number
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 03:22:13 AM »
1. Good observation. Stock management is a tricky part. I think we will try to add restocking feature into core in next release.

2. For order # you need to reset table accoutrement for orders to start from 1. This needs to be done in your Mysql database.

ALTER TABLE ac_orders AUTO_INCREMENT = 1;
NOTE; ac_orders might be different on your database and you need to delete all records from the table first.

For invoice #, once you delete all orders from above table you can set invoice # to start from 1 in admin -> settings -> checkout.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 04:11:22 AM »
Coming back on item #1. Conceptually it is not very simple to handle stock return. This will require implementation of RMA extension.
It is based on the policy how each merchant handle stock management.
If you cancel the order and stock is returned to the total count, and later you decide to complete the order. What should happen? There is a lot to validate here and it can be a mess.
Clean way to do this is implementing RMA and return process will handle stock return to total.

Any thoughts?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline ItsAGr8Day

• Lynn
    • View Profile
    • Kuchie's Treasures
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 08:55:39 PM »
Not to sound like the newbie that I am, but how do you get to the MySql to edit the order #s.  I have never done that before - only editing in cpanel and php.

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
You should find the phpmyadmin in your cPanel. Then open the database and find out the "orders" table and at the right hand side, you will find the "management" tab. and set auto_increment=1.
or input the above SQL command in the "SQL" tab.
or clear the table "orders", then all records delete and auto_increment reset to 1.

Not to sound like the newbie that I am, but how do you get to the MySql to edit the order #s.  I have never done that before - only editing in cpanel and php.

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 11:12:51 PM »
You should define some "Order status" which can't be deleted by user (ie, Paid, Shipped or Completed and let admin define when to reduce the inventory by the status (Paid, Shipped or completed).  (but also need to allow admin to create custom status.)
If the order is cancelled (status=cancelled), then restore the inventory. If there is no setting for reduce inventory and restore inventory, then abantecart will not handle the inventory. Then we can handle the inventory manually. This is more flexible.

Coming back on item #1. Conceptually it is not very simple to handle stock return. This will require implementation of RMA extension.
It is based on the policy how each merchant handle stock management.
If you cancel the order and stock is returned to the total count, and later you decide to complete the order. What should happen? There is a lot to validate here and it can be a mess.
Clean way to do this is implementing RMA and return process will handle stock return to total.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:22:41 PM by smallfish »