Author Topic: Guest Checkout option is not showing on Account Login Page  (Read 6796 times)

Offline imcs231

• View Profile
Guest Checkout option is not showing on Account Login Page
« on: January 05, 2018, 12:42:48 PM »
Something has gone really wrong in my storefront. I have been struggling to get account verification emails to send and even when they do it appears that I have to physically go into the admin panel and approve a customer before they can complete an order. So I have given up on that. Now I turned off the "Approve New Customers" and turned off the "Email Activation for New Customers" and instead I want to allow "Guest Checkout". So i turned that on but no matter what I try I can't get it to appear on the Account Login page which is where customers are taken when they want to checkout or immediately after selecting an item to order. I have been struggling with this for hours and I'm going mad. There is likely a very simple fix to this that I am missing. So if anyone can help i would really appreciate it. I also noticed just a moment ago that I had selected  the option to allow a customer to stay on their current page after selecting to add something to their cart and that isn't working either. Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Guest Checkout option is not showing on Account Login Page
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 07:40:35 AM »
Guess checkout option will show only when you have some product in the cart and click checkout.  If you go to login page, there will be no guess option.

“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline imcs231

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 09:24:58 AM »
I have tried that and tried it again after reading your post but it still doesn't show the Guest Checkout option.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 12:24:48 AM »
Hi. Looks like you miss something
Something has gone really wrong in my storefront. I have been struggling to get account verification emails to send and even when they do it appears that I have to physically go into the admin panel and approve a customer before they can complete an order. So I have given up on that. Now I turned off the "Approve New Customers"
Approve New Customers - is exactly for manual review and approve every customer by administrator.

I want to allow "Guest Checkout".
To allow "Guest Checkout" go to System > Settings > Checkout and enable it.

no matter what I try I can't get it to appear on the Account Login page
Guest checkout available only on next conditions:
1. customer have products in the basket
2. products should Not have any downloads (digital products) - because all downloads are available for registered users for the obvious reasons
3. customer click to start checkout - not login.

Offline imcs231

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 06:36:35 AM »
Thanks but I have done all this. I have the option for Guest Checkout selected in settings. None of my products are downloadable. When a customer is on the cart page with items in the cart they click on checkout. This takes them to the account/login page. The Guest Checkout option is not displayed.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 06:39:59 AM »
Can you replicate issue on demo http://www.abantecart.com/shopping-cart-demo ?