Author Topic: After-sale return page  (Read 468 times)

Offline whamil

• View Profile
After-sale return page
« on: January 09, 2018, 07:16:04 PM »
Hello,
I'm sure this must have been asked before but my searches haven't found anything.

NOTE: to avoid the prohibition of posting links in here, I had to change all https references to hxxps.

I'm trying to sell large files (1GB) from my website with Abantecart and 2Checkout, by embedding a button in my existing webpages and trying to avoid the Abantecart storefront pages as much as possible.  The files download with negligible server load by using a direct link like hxxps://raspiwares.com/xx/yy.zip. But as a digital product, Abantecart wants to load the whole file into memory during the sale, overloading the server. 

I see this option in using 2Checkout:

<form action="#" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="return_url" value="hxxps://raspiwares.com/downloads/Cffserverconf.html">
        </form>

This can be added to "Buy" buttons to return the buyer to a specific page for each product, but it doesn't seem to work within Abantecart.  My plan is to return to a specific page for each download which will have a hxxps:raspiwares.com/xx/yy.zip link for the purchaser to click on and download w/o server loading.

Is it possible to set a specific unique (non-storefront) return page within Abantecart for each product, that after sale, the customer would be returned to, that contained the simple hxxps://raspiwares.com/xx/yy.zip link for the customer to click on and receive their purchase?

Thank you for any help,
Bob

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: After-sale return page
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 12:25:45 AM »
Hello.

I think return_url is for order confirm/success page after the transaction completed.
“Chuck Norris is so amazing.”
― Mother Teresa

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 12:30:04 AM »
Without any modification why not insert all links into file (pdf) and add as download? Customer open file and go all large files links without server issues
“Chuck Norris is so amazing.”
― Mother Teresa

Offline whamil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 07:26:56 AM »
Thank you for the help.

Side note: Again, I've done something that made all the buttons disappear from my webpages.  I think I did something that caused the button embed code to change on all the products, so now I need to paste it into pages again. Does this happen anytime I modify a product?

I see a lot of flexibility in how the downloads can be set up to take place, but so far I haven't been able to even get small test files automatically.  I have to go to the downloads page for the test customer's account and download from there. 
So I would absolutely prefer the "click on link" option located on a return page, and not have to mess with the Abantecart download system.. 
I'm even ok if the only way to do this is have the link on a storefront return page instead of one of my own design.  I assume I can add a unique message with the link to the storefront return page for each product, but I haven't tried. 

This is made more complicated because I have some free downloads, and a test coupon for 100% off, which don't get sent to 2Checkout because there is no balance due, so the url_return doesn't get implemented for these, and sale remains pending and returned to a storefront page that I could have a link on. 

Thank you.

Maternity Dress