Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Where is the Customer # ?  (Read 8041 times)

Offline papafrankc

• View Profile
Where is the Customer # ?
« on: January 09, 2018, 11:43:21 PM »
I'm new to AbanteCart cart so I'd appreciate some help.

I get an email saying that "Customer #22" has registered on my site.  But when I look at my customer listing I don't see any numbers, just their info.

I would like to know which customer just registered so I can add their name and email to a list that I keep outside of AbanteCart.  But without knowing which customer goes with each number, I'm at a loss.  Especially if I get multiple customers in the same day.

I thought I might try exporting the customer list and it might have the numbers with the names but I don't see any way to do that either.

Also I would like to input my customer list from my old website into AbanteCart but without an import/export function I'm not sure I can do that.

Any of your thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks
Frank

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the Customer # ?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 12:09:52 AM »
Hello.

To quick access recently registered customers in admin click top right side icon https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/22609987/Side+Panels

You can export/import customers with CSV https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/15007876/Import

Offline papafrankc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 01:17:21 AM »
Basara,

Thanks for your quick response.

The side panel does show recent customers.  I had never tried that one before.  However it doesn't show the customer # so I'm not able to match it up to the notice email that I did receive.

So I can assume that the most recent ones on the top are the latest.  Then I will have to look them up and see what date they were added.  Again, if the Customer # were shown along with the name that would solve the problem.

The export function works great.  It does include the customer # so this will help me figure out who is who.

Pros - your suggestions are great and will let me find out which customers have recently registered.
Con - it's a fair amount of work and requires exporting, then converting the .tar file to a .csv file, then looking up the customer #.  It is doable but in my opinion it's a lot of work to have to do each time I want to match a customer to the customer #

IDEA: Is there any way to add the customer name to the notice email that I receive when a new customer registers on my site?  In my opinion this would be an easy and quick solution. 

I really like AbanteCart cart and am glad I found it.  This so called problem of mine is a fairly minor one.  It's just one of those things that I think would be nice to have for me.

Thanks again for your reply.
Frank

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 03:57:07 AM »
In the recently registered when you hover mouse browser will show you link and customer id will be inside like &customer_id=14

Offline papafrankc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 08:00:52 PM »
Can you please tell me where to position the mouse in order to see the customer #?  Is it somewhere inside the backend?

Thanks
Frank

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 12:05:13 AM »
Check screenshot
By the way I open an issue in tracker so this will be improved in next versions
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/1058

Offline papafrankc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 12:25:34 AM »
Basura,

Thanks, I see it.  That gives me the info I was looking for.

I appreciate your help on this.
Frank