Author Topic: What is best hosting? A2? Fastcomet? Others?  (Read 22334 times)

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
What is best hosting? A2? Fastcomet? Others?
« on: January 10, 2018, 12:16:01 AM »
I am looking at options for hosting. presently on A2hosting.
I read the page on hosting partners
I also searched the web and found one that sounds interesting called fastcomet hosting.
Is anyone here using this hosting...
my one condition is to keep the costs down.
feel free to pm me regarding your experience.
Thanks David

Love is Real....All Else is Illusion

Offline natdroid

• View Profile
Re: What is best hosting? A2? Fastcomet? Others?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 12:40:00 AM »

I stay with thcservers hosting even lowest plan have unlimited disk space and free SSL certificate

Offline dharding

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 09:35:19 PM »
I have the vast majority of the domains I own on a VPS, but for the purposes of this ecommerce project I wanted to get something separate. Since I initially wasn't sure which cart system I wanted to go with, I wanted a package that included Softaculous, so I could install, customize, backup, uninstall, reinstall, and experiment with different carts (AbanteCart, Prestashop, Cubecart, Open Cart, Magento, OSCommerce, etc.).

My other requirements were SSD, allocated RAM, a decent amount of diskspace and bandwidth, free SSL, and SSH access to be able to tweak without having to do everything via sFTP.

After doing a fair amount of research at webhostingtalk.com and testing sales responsiveness and technical acumen prior to making a choice, I opted for HostRush. I signed up for their "Rush-1" package at $23.99 per year, pricing locked in moving forward. It has all the features on my wantlist (24GB SSD, 1.5GB allocated RAM, unlimited bandwidth).

I haven't gone public with my storefront, so I cannot speak as to the performance under traffic, but I installed and uninstalled probably a half dozen ecommerce installations in my experimentation and have encountered no performance issues. Everything has been spritely and nimble. No outages (that I'm aware of at any rate) thus far.

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 04:07:23 PM »
Thank you, I appreciate the responses... I like to keep available options open. I've decided to stay with a2hosting for now. but when the 3 years are up for current package I may be looking for something...

Love is Real....All Else is Illusion

Offline Dower

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 10:38:47 AM »
I think you made a wise call, David. I'm not too impressed with a2. I guess I just had unreasonable expectations as someone recommended them to me and hyped them up too much.

Offline AlexSanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 11:09:07 AM »
Hi,

I am a new member in this forum, I just want to share you all my hosting experience.
I personally explore A2hosting landing pages with pricing plan. You can easily identify when you land their landing pages the lowest price of hosting type is shared which is almost $4/Month and you all know well about shared hosting services.
So always go with secure, scalable, and performance-focused managed hosting provider. I want to suggest some good name here.
Siteground, Cloudways, InMotion.

Offline jimcooncat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 09:56:42 AM »
I use VPS's on Linode for many years, and absolutely love them and their service. But I felt I needed a little more hand-holding with Apache rewrite and PHP when I installed AbanteCart, so I went with InMotion. So far, so good, and their help desk has been actually helpful.

Offline bet365

• View Profile
    • bet365
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 03:10:13 PM »
I like Raiola Networks, they work really well.