Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: After-sale return page  (Read 3621 times)

Offline whamil

• View Profile
After-sale return page
« on: January 09, 2018, 07:16:04 PM »
Hello,
I'm sure this must have been asked before but my searches haven't found anything.

NOTE: to avoid the prohibition of posting links in here, I had to change all https references to hxxps.

I'm trying to sell large files (1GB) from my website with Abantecart and 2Checkout, by embedding a button in my existing webpages and trying to avoid the Abantecart storefront pages as much as possible.  The files download with negligible server load by using a direct link like hxxps://raspiwares.com/xx/yy.zip. But as a digital product, Abantecart wants to load the whole file into memory during the sale, overloading the server. 

I see this option in using 2Checkout:

<form action="#" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="return_url" value="hxxps://raspiwares.com/downloads/Cffserverconf.html">
        </form>

This can be added to "Buy" buttons to return the buyer to a specific page for each product, but it doesn't seem to work within Abantecart.  My plan is to return to a specific page for each download which will have a hxxps:raspiwares.com/xx/yy.zip link for the purchaser to click on and download w/o server loading.

Is it possible to set a specific unique (non-storefront) return page within Abantecart for each product, that after sale, the customer would be returned to, that contained the simple hxxps://raspiwares.com/xx/yy.zip link for the customer to click on and receive their purchase?

Thank you for any help,
Bob

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: After-sale return page
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 12:25:45 AM »
Hello.

I think return_url is for order confirm/success page after the transaction completed.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 12:30:04 AM »
Without any modification why not insert all links into file (pdf) and add as download? Customer open file and go all large files links without server issues

Offline whamil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 07:26:56 AM »
Thank you for the help.

Side note: Again, I've done something that made all the buttons disappear from my webpages.  I think I did something that caused the button embed code to change on all the products, so now I need to paste it into pages again. Does this happen anytime I modify a product?

I see a lot of flexibility in how the downloads can be set up to take place, but so far I haven't been able to even get small test files automatically.  I have to go to the downloads page for the test customer's account and download from there. 
So I would absolutely prefer the "click on link" option located on a return page, and not have to mess with the Abantecart download system.. 
I'm even ok if the only way to do this is have the link on a storefront return page instead of one of my own design.  I assume I can add a unique message with the link to the storefront return page for each product, but I haven't tried. 

This is made more complicated because I have some free downloads, and a test coupon for 100% off, which don't get sent to 2Checkout because there is no balance due, so the url_return doesn't get implemented for these, and sale remains pending and returned to a storefront page that I could have a link on. 

Thank you.