Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: htaccess  (Read 9758 times)

Offline zeldalee

• View Profile
htaccess
« on: February 06, 2018, 11:57:33 PM »
Hello,
Is this right that I have two htaccess files one that is .htaccess and one that is htaccess.txt?  the .htaccess file size is 4321, htaccess.txt is 2800.  I did enable seo urls but they are still php. 

When you say that if the site is installed in a subdomain to add  /subfolder/ is that the folder that the site is installed in, and do I add the name of the file instead of the /subfolder/ 

It's probably so simple that I don't get it :) :) :)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: htaccess
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 01:03:49 AM »
Hello.
htaccess.txt file is default file provided with AbanteCart installation you should manually rename it to .htaccess

Your current .htaccess is suppose to be placed automatically by your hosting

Offline zeldalee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:46:39 PM »
Thank you for that info,
Now when  a sub domain that the cart is installed in.  it looks like this store.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/.  Is this why I am having problems with the seo urls working?  I noticed that the manual states about added to  rewrite in htaccess /subfolder/  Do I just add that info or should I give that my name of the folder the cart is installed in?  I really don't underatand how to edit a htaccess file.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 08:34:57 PM »
I believe you have some misunderstanding of subdomain and subfolder (or subdirectory).

a primary domain  abc.com 
a subDOMAIN  would be 123.abc.com     the 123. in front of the primary domain
A subfolder would be abc.com/123   the 123 at the end of the primary domain.

you can also have a subfolder  in a subdomain  123.abc.com/store
If you have an installation in a subdirectory    abc.com/store
Edit file .htaccess  If abantecart is installed in yourdomain/ subfolder change configuration line  
RewriteBase /  to  RewriteBase /subfolder/. # Example:  yourdomain.com/store   use RewriteBase /store/ # Important to have / at the end of the line.

and rename your .htaccess.txt file  to .htaccess  -  note the . (dot) at the beginning must remain.

Offline zeldalee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 11:03:24 AM »
thank you for the in-depth explanation.  I will give it a try

Offline zeldalee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 11:41:08 AM »
Hello
I tried to edit the htaccess file.  Now the site is showing seo urls but getting 500 error

Am I supposed to have 2 .htaccess files?  One file size is 4322 and the other size is 2800

I edited the larger file to this

where it was /subfolder/  I changed to /xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/ then I started to get the 500 error.  So I changed the file back to /subfolder/   Still getting 500 error.  I know I have done something wrong but don't know where to start.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 05:14:01 PM »
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/3932161/Most+Common+Settings

please refer to these instructions on the AbanteCart manual.  The manual is a great place to find out how to do a lot of things with your site.

Offline zeldalee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 08:04:46 PM »
I have been looking at the settings and I have done what you suggested and still get the 500 error.  I have contacted a2 hosting about this issue and they given me the path. I still get the 500 error.  I think I know the difference between a subfolder and a subdomain.  I have been looking at the Knowledge base.  That page is talking about /subfolder/

Before I installed Abantecart I talked to a2hosting about how to go about it as I already have an active domain that I want to transfer to Abantecart.  What they said was I needed to create a subdomain then install into that subdomain.  I didn't create a folder I let softalous do the installing in side the subdomain.  The cart is working fine as long as I don't enable the seo url's

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 12:13:11 AM »
Hi.
You need only htaccess file provided with installation, rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess as mentioned in manuals.

If you have not subfolder you dont need to change anything in htacess

Offline zeldalee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 10:31:16 PM »
ok thank you for all your help

Offline 21318920_1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 08:50:05 PM »
Hello.
htaccess.txt file is default file provided with AbanteCart installation you should manually rename it to .htaccess

Your current .htaccess is suppose to be placed automatically by your hosting
Hi, so there's the htaccess.txt file which is added by default by AbanteCart and there's the .htaccess which is automatically placed by the hosting. I attempted editing the AbanteCart htaccess.txt to .htaccess but i can't have 2 files with thesame name .htaccess -  what can i do? i have attached a screenshot of what i mean. Thanks for your help in advance.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 01:59:23 AM »
 :D rename the .htaccess to something like .htaccessHosting then rename .htaccess.txt to .htaccess

Offline 21318920_1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2018, 06:37:22 AM »
Did as you said still no luck, I've attached some screenshots for you to understand what's going on over here  :D

Offline 21318920_1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 06:39:21 AM »
2 more attachments...

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 06:40:10 AM »
Contact your hosting support