General Topics > SEO

method of turning 404 errors into 301 redirects to the main page or sitemap

(1/3) > >>

mortal:
Hi. after fiddeling with seo. some older urls have been indexed. and when for some reason someone finds that url. or the search engines does that. they are left with the 404 error and landing on a rather boring site.

do you know how to either use .htaccess or alter php files to prevent 404 errors on the site ?

example of url that have changed.
strygestof.dk/hej-jeg-er-ny​-her  has a 404 error

should just show
strygestof.dk or
strygestof.dk/index.php?rt=content/sitemap

abolabo:
mmm... this url https://strygestof.dk/hej-jeg-er-ny-her show me yuor site map

Sam_78:
On this note. How do I handle 404 via htaccess and redirect them to home page
lets say they open example.com and some how they click example.com/page-not-available I want to redirect them to home page after lets say 3 seconds or so

kunal.k91:
Hello
Greetings

I have yesterday launched AbanteCart cart to my website, and in the settings options when i click on SEO Friendly URL option.
After selecting that option it leads my all product pages to get redirected on the homepage itself, inserted of Product particular page, It leads all products to redirect on the home page. But in the url it shows the product seo friendly url but redirects to home page

Please find out the solution and let me know.

I am looking so much forward to work on AbanteCart.

Thankyou
Waiting

Basara:

--- Quote from: kunal.k91 on March 23, 2018, 01:28:03 AM ---I have yesterday launched AbanteCart cart to my website, and in the settings options when i click on SEO Friendly URL option.
After selecting that option it leads my all product pages to get redirected on the homepage itself, inserted of Product particular page, It leads all products to redirect on the home page. But in the url it shows the product seo friendly url but redirects to home page

--- End quote ---

Hello. You did not complete SEO Urls setup. One more step required please read help note near SEO Urls setting or full article in docs https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7962664/SEO+URL+s

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version