Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: changing the default currency  (Read 3182 times)

Offline mendipequine

• View Profile
changing the default currency
« on: March 11, 2018, 01:43:17 PM »
hello

I am a uk seller but when I go to my website it defaults to usd, how can I change it to default to gbp? I also ship to the us and Europe but I don't want this to be the default option

thank you

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: changing the default currency
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 02:12:21 PM »
You can control your desired currency -  you do not have to offer more than on, but can - your option.   If you offer more than one,  check that your payment option takes the currency you want to be paid in -  so you can reduce any fees etc.

The manual can oftentimes be helpful in finding your solutions quickly  here is the link to the currency settings info.

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/dosearchsite.action?queryString=currency

Offline mendipequine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 02:17:58 PM »
Thank you I have gone and changed the currency under settings-store details-base currency which has amended the currency on the navigation bar to gbp but when you go to the website as if you are a customer usd is the selected currency on the drop down and not gbp?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 05:26:39 PM »
it is usually a caching issues.  Please clear you cache from within the Admin Panel

And clear your cache on your web browser -  or go do a different device to check.