Author Topic: Need some advice on managing product options  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
Need some advice on managing product options
« on: March 14, 2018, 11:55:47 AM »
Hi I have been working with AbanteCart cart for a while now but I need some suggestion as we just started multi size options in our cart.

My question is I have a product ABC it is available in three size lets say size 1, 2 and 3
Q 1: As per my understanding from https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/9568257/Manage+Products+Options I have to setup product ABC price with size 1 by default and then give them an option on product page where they can select size 2 and size 3.  is this correct?

Q 2: What if I want to promote product ABC with Size 3 can I directly pass something in URL so that they see final price instead of default price + price difference.

Q 3: Regarding inventory if I use size 1 as default for product ABC then if someone buys size 3 it wont be deducted from product page to view that I have to go to options and view the inventory count of size 2 and 3?

Q 4: Is there away to add custom field on checkout saying add Donation and if they enter $2.00 then we charge them at checkout. Even if there is extension do let me know.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me regarding this. 
AbanteCart Version 1.2.12
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:13:01 PM by Sam_78 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need some advice on managing product options
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 04:36:23 AM »
Hi.

A 1: You have to create a base product like T-shirt and give it some price, for example, $10
Then add Option with values. You can leave price same or add price modifier (positive or negative) to each option's value
So
Color: White with price modifier 0 give the customer a base price $10
Color: Yellow with price modifier 2 give customer price $12

A 2: Hmmm I think No

A 3: If you enable Track Stock for any option's value the main quantity will be 'freeze' so only options' value quantity will be deducted after purchase

A 4: There is an extension to made Donation like products http://marketplace.abantecart.com/donation

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 09:30:30 AM »
Thanks Basara for taking time helping me. So just to confirm
A 1: If t-shirt is $10 then price will show $10 and if I have drop down option for yellow $2 more then it shows in dropdown yellow $2 actually it should show yellow $12 right? Rather then showing just the difference in difference in dropdown can we show total price?

A 4: I Am not looking for something like this. Let's say customer is on checkout page and they want to add delivery Tip they can just enter the amount there and we add it to our total. This donation extension is more like a product. They have to add it to their cart.
If this requires programming change please let me know the files I need to look for I can try doing this. I need to add one more field in orders_enc and what else.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 12:36:15 PM »
Yes this is what I need. Thanks