Author Topic: Better Approach: Sub domain or Sub folder for Multi store AbanteCart  (Read 3515 times)

Offline Geek

• View Profile
Dear,

I am bit confused as to create multi stores in abantecart by creating sub-domains or sub folders.

My sub domains are limited to 3, if I want more sub domains, I will need a higher hosting package. My business is that I will give different stores to different vendors selling perfumes, cloths, makeup e.t.c so should I create different sub folders and install abantecart in all folders again and again?

I guess if I copy all files of abantecart in each folder than my website space will be more occupied by multiple abantecart in sub folders and I will be left with less space on my hosting server for my basic package. Is it right?

If I go with making sub domains then every after three sub domains, I will need to buy higher and higher hosting package.

Question 1:- I need suggestion which is better approach? I now if I install abantecart in sub folders then each vendor will have separate admin account and I will not be able to control and see all stores by one admin account. For sub domains all vendors will have different access rights in case I create users in one central login.

Question 2:- For different products, it sounds fine that main store names are makeup, cloths, perfumes but if I get four vendors selling same product type, lets' say Makeup then what should be best way to cater it as it is not multi vendor where all different vendors can select category and upload same products type for selling. It's I am giving whole shop to one vendor so will it look fine if my subfolder names are different for same products like gloriuosmakeup , mymakeup, getmakeup etc when these three names for makeup brands are three different vendors not linked with each other means they are three different business but same product type they are selling.

Question 3:- With a scenario of giving shops to different vendors and then letting different vendors shops for selling the same product type, how my shopping cart should be managed? Will it go best with sub folder with separate cart or sub domain with combined carts?

Regards,

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Better Approach: Sub domain or Sub folder for Multi store AbanteCart
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 09:48:16 AM »
Hello.

Multi-store in AbanteCart follow next concept: one admin for few storefronts.
So you need to install only once, no need to copy or do anything with files
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/8028306/Multi-store

Offline Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 11:24:01 AM »
Hello.

Multi-store in AbanteCart follow next concept: one admin for few storefronts.
So you need to install only once, no need to copy or do anything with files

I know its one admin and multi store, my question was for creating multiple stores one needs to have sub domain. So, hosting providers limit sub domains. Let's say if I want 20 stores then I will need 20 subdomains. I was thinking of going with abc.com/makeup then going with makeup.abc.com as I can create as many sub folder I want but for sub domains I am dependent on my hosting provider.

Also I asked for separate shopping carts.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 03:39:38 PM »
don't forget for the multi store  you can also have a different domain name  rather than a sub-domain. 

so you can have names for each store  like this.
makeup.com
perfume.com
cloth.com

you set them up the same way as subdomains -  but you do NOT install the abantecart into each. 
You need to decide on how you want to manage products and what level of access you want to give each of your store owners. 

You might want to look at a different hosting option as a limit of 3 subdomains is not  a restriction on a lot of plans.