Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: "This site cannot be reached" when trying to edit banner  (Read 5144 times)

Offline Heemet

• View Profile
"This site cannot be reached" when trying to edit banner
« on: June 26, 2018, 12:14:18 AM »
Hello,

When clicking on "edit" for an existing text banner in the admin site, I get the following error message in my browser:

"This site can’t be reached
The webpage at [site address]/index.php?rt=extension/banner_manager/edit&banner_id=8&s=[admin]&token=[toke] might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_FAILED"

The existing banner appears on my site, but I cannot access it through the admin site.  Is something happening between the admin site and the SQL database?  What should I look for?  There is nothing in the error log.

FYI, I can enable and disable the existing banner, and I can see the "status" field change from "0" to "1" and back again in the "banners" table in the SQL database in CPanel, so I know the admin site is able to communicate with the SQL database.  I just can't edit any of the banners.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "This site cannot be reached" when trying to edit banner
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 02:31:35 AM »
Hello.

1. Please check AbanteCart error log
2. if nothing related found should be record in your server error log (ask your hosting support )
3. It is also possible that incorrectly configured mod_secure module on your server simply block this request ( ask your hosting support to change module rules) https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/3604484/Mod+security+403+406+error

Offline Heemet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 12:00:00 AM »
Thanks for your suggestions.  I was able to disable ModSecurity, but that didn't help.  There is nothing in the AbanteCart error log.  I'm checking with hosting support.  I will revert with my findings.

Offline Heemet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 10:06:33 PM »
My hosting service suggested that I try to login to the admin site in incognito mode to edit the banners.  I did that, and I was able to modify the banners.

So, I cleared cookies, and sure enough, the problem went away.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 01:12:34 AM »
My hosting service suggested that I try to login to the admin site in incognito mode to edit the banners.  I did that, and I was able to modify the banners.

So, I cleared cookies, and sure enough, the problem went away.

Thanks for solution