Author Topic: PayPal Commerce onboarding  (Read 820 times)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
PayPal Commerce onboarding
« on: February 26, 2024, 07:13:43 AM »
PayPal updated its onboarding configuration on Friday 23 without prior notification.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this unexpected change. Here is the quick fix you can apply to 1.3.4 PayPal Commerce extension files.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: PayPal Commerce onboarding
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 11:08:06 AM »
Thank you for the heads up.   
But could you please provide guidance:
1. is this change ONLY for establishing new connections  or
2. if Admin is already using the PayPal Commerce,  eg since AbanteCart 1.3.3  which uses PayPal Commerce v. 1.0.0  does it need to be installed there also

Is the quick fix to be installed there?  I see the version  in quick fix is changing from 1.0.2  to 1.0.3,   but neither AbanteCart 1.3.3 or 1.3.4  are using v 1.0.2   --   1.3.3 is  PP commerce 1.0.0  and 1.3.4  is 1.0.1

thanks in advance for more clarity.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 02:25:00 AM »
Hello.
You can simply replace the public_html/extensions/paypal_commerce folder if you have any version of PP Commerce. This only impacts new connections, existing ones should work well.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 10:06:06 AM »
Thanks,  We have installed and tested and  I can confirm that the quick fix does work on the other versions.   

But thought other Admins might appreciate the clarity of the action needed.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 01:56:41 AM »
Thank you

Offline ththemis

• View Profile
Re: PayPal Commerce
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 08:09:25 AM »
Hi,
I have followed the instructions and replaced the extension files but the problem is still the same. perhaps it is a different problem. I have recently installed Abantecart version 1.3.4 and have installed the Paypal commerce extension and activated  'ON'. On clicking on the edit button and then the Paypal Get Started the following message comes up: Oops, something went wrong. Please try a bit later. Can you please advise how to proceed. Thank you

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: PayPal Commerce
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2024, 10:01:16 AM »
Hi,
I have followed the instructions and replaced the extension files but the problem is still the same. perhaps it is a different problem. I have recently installed Abantecart version 1.3.4 and have installed the Paypal commerce extension and activated  'ON'. On clicking on the edit button and then the Paypal Get Started the following message comes up: Oops, something went wrong. Please try a bit later. Can you please advise how to proceed. Thank you

Hello. Please confirm you have installed 1.3.4 and replace files from the patch in the Novator branch https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/tree/1.4.0/public_html/extensions
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 05:22:45 AM by Basara »

Offline teamtegridy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2024, 03:58:50 PM »
I also am having issues trying to connect Paypal commerce. I have all the information but when I go to test it or even go live it says I have an error and try again later for both test modes. Not sure or anyone have idea why this is happening or how to fix it?
thank you so much