Author Topic: Pay Pal questions  (Read 4672 times)

Offline jimbo17

• View Profile
Pay Pal questions
« on: April 18, 2018, 10:08:05 AM »
I created a new website and I am using the proper extensions for Pay Pal

I have customers placing order with Pay Pal and they have their transaction numbers to show they payed but nothing appears in my Pay Pal account.

Today I placed an order through me website using a different credit card then the one used to set up Pay Pal and it worked perfect sending me notice of my payment.

I am not use where the problem is at this point. I checked system-settings-mail and the SMTP setting for Gmail and they look correct.

I contacted Pay Pal and they are also trying to figure out where the problem is and how to fix it.

The same button I used to place my order that went right through is the same button the customers are using to place their orders that are not showing up in my Pay Pal account.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks Jim

Offline maxter

• View Profile
Re: Pay Pal questions
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 03:51:41 PM »
Do you have access to your web server logs? Logs should show all the requests. Somewhere in the request it should show the order ID. You can trace IP address and figure out what was set by customers.
Possibly they fake the response to trick AbanteCart with success transaction.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 03:53:58 PM »
Buy website, do you mean AbanteCart site? What PayPal payment extension do you use?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline jimbo17

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 04:18:12 PM »
Yes I am using the abantecart and the PayPal am using is default_pp_standart

When I did a test order everything went right top PayPal and worked fine.
Two customers used the exact same buttons but from a different computer IP address and placed their orders and it did not go through to the PayPal site.

I contacted PayPal to see if the problem might be on their end and they are trying to figure out what's going on.

Both customers were send an Invoice showing everything they purchased along with the prices but PayPal never received the purchase.
I had both customers enter their PayPal accounts and they both verified the orders were never placed and no money changed hands.

How else can I test the PayPal button other then placing an order which I did and it worked.

Thanks Jim

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 03:11:53 AM »
How else can I test the PayPal button other then placing an order which I did and it worked.

Hello.
First what is your AbanteCart version? Second when you test PayPal standart did you use real Test mode or Live transactions?

Offline jimbo17

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 10:43:37 AM »
Thanks for your quick reply.

I am using abantecart version 1.2.12

Not sure if I used the correct method for testing but I placed an order using a different credit card and a different email address and it worked with PayPal without any problem from my desktop computer.

I have since received two orders from customers who tried to use the PayPal button and it never went through to PayPal. The Invoice and orders were generated from the shopping cart and that's how I received them.

I called both customers and asked them to sign into their PayPal account to check to see if their payment went through but it had never been processed.
Both customers paid using Square over the phone with me.

I setup my mail server using the instructions in the abantecart manual for gmail.

Thanks for your help. Jim

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 01:37:40 AM »
customers who tried to use the PayPal button and it never went through to PayPal.
What "PayPal button" you are talking about? Paypal standard in AbanteCart do not have any paypal buttons.

Both customers paid using Square over the phone with me.
Square? Do you mean "squareup.com payment processor"? It is not about paypal

Offline jimbo17

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 07:54:04 AM »
I am using PayPal standard which is in Extensions.

I understand Squareup has nothing to go with PalPal

Jim