Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Where is the embed feature? How can I add buttons to an existing site?  (Read 7044 times)

Offline scojim

• View Profile
This is a review I found about this cart.

"I have used all of the others, nothing compares with this Software. Their new embed feature is astounding! You cn turn any blog or HTML website into a shopping cart and sell from almost any platform! Support forum is spectacular and the development team is top notch."

I am not able to find anywhere to generate product buttons and I can not even get the products I add to list under products.  I make a product and save it and it states "I successfully modified"  and then it is gone. The product can not be found under products.   How do you find and modify existing products you have added to your catalog?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 11:58:10 AM by scojim »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.
Here is embed demo - html page with embeded products and links to your AbanteCart store http://www.abantecart.com/embed_demo/index.html

Check this manual with video https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/5799960/Embed+Products+to+HTML

Offline scojim

• View Profile
Thanks that is exactly what we were looking for. 

One problem.  In the video when the person clicks "Products" you see a list of the products. 

Now I can see why we have been unable to find the embed feature. As I mentioned our products do not show up under the products heading in the catalog.  The only place we can see the product we have added is on the pages.

Thanks Again.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Do you have multistore enabled?

Offline scojim

• View Profile
I do not see that setting.  However, would that be preventing us from our items being listed under products?  Once we add an item it is not being listed under products.   What could be the problem?  What would cause the products to no be listed there?

In the video under the products category.  Right under the search for product bar there are headings. 

Product Name / Model / Price and so on.

That is not there in our cart and neither are any of the products.  We can only see the product in the store.

I also just noticed that we can not modify anything in this cart.  Once we create a category or manufacture they are only available in the store and do not display under the headings.

What the heck?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:58:28 AM by scojim »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There are few points:
1. You have a multistore enabled and when you create new product you did not assign it to the store you currently looking
2. This can be some js error - open your browser console and see if any error
3. Something on your server block catalog page to load. Usually this is mod_security module
4. You made some changes to core files and broke it

I suggest to check AbanteCart error log for related errors

Offline scojim

• View Profile
All we have done is install this cart.  Where is the multi store setting?

I just checked the error logs - None.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:03:44 AM by scojim »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Multistore is disabled if you just install cart.
AbanteCart error log http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,834.msg3085.html#msg3085
If nothing here check server error log

Offline scojim

• View Profile
I really appreciate your help. I checked the server error logs and there are none.  And  it is also almost impossible that we are the only people who installed this cart and are having this problem. 

Where can I find the Multistore setting?

Has anyone else experienced this issue and what was the solution?

Could it have anything to do with API?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:33:33 AM by scojim »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline scojim

• View Profile
Re: Where is the embed feature? How can I add buttons to an existing site?
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 10:12:07 AM »
Here are the java script errors.  What is the problem?  We installed this via the console in our control panel.  Why is the cart not working?

/scocart/admin/view/default/javascript/jqgrid/js/minified/jquery.jqgrid.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
grid.history.js:155 Uncaught TypeError: this.jqGrid is not a function
    at e.fn.init.$.fn.jqGridHistory (grid.history.js:155)
    at initGrid_product_grid (index.php?rt=catalog/product&s=adminsco&token=#####:1350)
    at index.php?rt=catalog/product&s=adminsco&token=#####:1837
jquery.min.js:4 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https:  //xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
send @ jquery.min.js:4

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are getting the same error on the categories page.

/scocart/admin/view/default/javascript/jqgrid/js/minified/jquery.jqgrid.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
grid.history.js:155 Uncaught TypeError: this.jqGrid is not a function
    at e.fn.init.$.fn.jqGridHistory (grid.history.js:155)
    at initGrid_category_grid (index.php?rt=catalog/category&s=adminsco&token=#####:1386)
    at index.php?rt=catalog/category&s=adminsco&token=#####:1890
jquery.min.js:4 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https:   //xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

What the heck is going on here?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:17:13 PM by scojim »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 01:27:46 AM »
First of all make sure this file is exist on your server /scocart/admin/view/default/javascript/jqgrid/js/minified/jquery.jqgrid.min.js
Maybe installer have glitch or server was busy at the moment of autoinstallation

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 03:19:23 AM »
can you try with another browser?
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline scojim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 09:47:51 AM »
can you try with another browser?

Tried with Firefox. The products are not there.    Are you sure this is not a permissions issue? 

First of all make sure this file is exist on your server /scocart/admin/view/default/javascript/jqgrid/js/minified/jquery.jqgrid.min.js
Maybe installer have glitch or server was busy at the moment of autoinstallation

Yes it is there. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 09:54:09 AM by scojim »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 01:45:19 AM »
Hello.

Try to reinstall software. Also do connect your site/domain to any cdn, optimizers etc?