Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Multiple SELECTBOX lists - enforce selection from any one of them  (Read 2828 times)

Offline ArcherData

• View Profile
I have created a product entry that has 6 color palettes, each with a list of colors available for the product. I set the Global Attributes setting to Required=NO since only one item in the 6 lists needs to be selected. I could combine the six lists into one, but it will contain 91 items in the dropdown list, and I am not so sure that's a good idea. The attached screenshot shows how the selection boxes appear to the user.

Is there any way to make it so that any ONE of the 6 available lists MUST be selected?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple SELECTBOX lists - enforce selection from any one of them
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 04:59:05 AM »
Hi.
I guess it possible only with java-script. Something like https://stackoverflow.com/a/28954059

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Multiple SELECTBOX lists - enforce selection from any one of them
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 11:28:54 AM »
This is just a suggestionWhat if you reverse your selection criteria?  Making the size parameter the parent option,  and the color the child option.
My thinking is that they need to find their size requirement and then then can see if their color preference is available.You can set your required ON so they must select a size

I believe you might have better inventory tracking with that method also.
Again just a suggestion