Author Topic: Misaligned related products images  (Read 3549 times)

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
Misaligned related products images
« on: May 22, 2018, 06:26:45 PM »
Hi,

In the process of testing and reviewing my site, I clicked on the 'related products' tag of various products and noticed that while some images and titles display ok, some don't. See images.

No clue what makes the difference. I tried changing the product name and image of the related product showing the problem to see if this would fix anything but it didn't.

Any thoughts?

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Misaligned related products images
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 06:33:55 AM »
This can be due to title length or broken HTML tag. Can you share link to your site? I can check HTML.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 01:41:42 PM »
Thanks,

The link to my site is www.bluestarway.com/increase4all/

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 05:47:39 PM »
I looked around and did a temp fix.

Went to style.css and added a text-align: center under ul.side_prd_list li.related_product {

Then went to pages/product/product.tpl and added <br> between the code to insert the related image and before the code to insert related product name

While doing this noticed that this section will also show the rating for the product. So I tested it and never figured out how to get the stars to center align, so I removed this line.

Not center aligning related products doesn't look good for my website. Maybe I changed the thumbnail sizes of products too small or something, but even with center alignment, there is a slight misalignment between the image and title / price. Seems like the center for the image is different than the center for the title and price so they look slightly off. Looks better than before, but not quite there.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.