General Topics > General Discussion

File downloads not matching correctly to product

(1/3) > >>

papafrankc:
Here's my problem:  I have some scrollsaw patterns on my site that I give away at no charge.

I create a new product: Price=$0, Track stock=NO, Requires shipping=OFF, Free Shipping=ON
I add a Downloadable PDF FILE under the Files tab.

Now I repeat this procedure for 13-15 products.  However when I try to download them, some are mixed up.  E.G. Product A should have file A.  But sometimes it will have file B or C or...  Some products work OK and some don't.

I originally set these up in Dec 2017 and they have been working OK for about 5 months.  I did not made any changes to my system or files during this time.

To try to fix it I did the following:
I went to my CPANEL and did a REPAIR DATABASE thinking it might be a data/index problem.  No Help.
I was on ver 1.2.10 so I upgraded to 1.2.11 then to 1.2.12.  No help.
I tried to fix the products that were pointing to a wrong file.  The fix looked good but the problem would show up on a different product.

I then removed all 13 products, then started to add them back one-by-one.  After 6 products I went back & checked the first few I had added.  Some of them now point to a download file that belongs to another product.

I can go into a Product and correct the file, then sometimes another product will be pointing to the wrong download file.

At this point I'm pretty much stuck.  Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks
Frank

Basara:
When you add file to a product do you use Global downloads or add new every time?

papafrankc:
I'm not sure what Global downloads is?  I believe I add new every time.  I click on the Files tab, then I use the PLUS sign to start putting in the file download info.  When I re-did my 13 products I didn't have any files loaded, so I loaded them from my PC, one for each product.

Comment: I did this same procedure 5 months ago and everything went OK.  I had a fair amount of folks who downloaded my patterns.  It was just this week that one of my customers pointed out that she was getting the wrong files.  So I'm curious as to what might have changed?

Thanks
Frank

abolabo:
hi.
Please open phpMyAdmin and check database tables "products_to_dowloads" and "dowloads".
Needs to be sure that assignment is correct.

eCommerce Core:
Did you do any database o code modifications?
Can you PM access to your admin? I will check to see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version