Author Topic: Import Help  (Read 2954 times)

Offline thomasaswain

• View Profile
Import Help
« on: July 02, 2018, 08:04:52 AM »
Hello,

I am having difficulty with importing my products. I am new to this and read the documentation on import/export and tested with the file in the documentation (cell phones etc) and it was successful. However, I attempted with my product feed from my supplier and not sure whats not working. I get a "File Data for Export is Empty." I am trying to import the Category, Subcategory, Products and all other related data (Description, weight, min order size, price etc)

Is there a size limit for the file? It is 28,000 lines? Is the "subcategory" column skewing it?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Import Help
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 08:19:54 AM »
What is the size of file? Maybe you have a php limitation for the file upload.
Try to increase php upload limit or divide file to few smaller

Offline thomasaswain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 11:57:32 AM »
Thanks

I did reduce the size of the file and it worked, so I will probably need to increase my PHP size limit.

Also, I am having difficulty now structuring category and subcategory. Example I have Bath&Body as a category but how do I get bath soap, shampoo, lotion etc under the "Bath & Body" tree? Is that done in Import as well? My last site I had was set up so you click on the category and a drop down would appear for the sub categories.

Thanks again for your help.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 01:11:46 AM »
Hello.
If you import using Import Wizard you can write a list of Categories with subcategories and separate them with comma
Check https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/16777227/Import+Wizard

Offline hotmaillogin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 03:05:12 AM »
The information above is very good to me, thanks for sharing.