Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Product Pricing  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Franco

• View Profile
Product Pricing
« on: July 05, 2018, 11:44:25 AM »
I wanted to check if the following scenario is possilbe with AbanteCart?

1 Product with upto 75 price points at a quantity of 75 units, i.e., each unit would have a different price.

The scencario would be as follows: a maximum quantity of 1 unit is sold for $10. The next customer viewing the same product page sees the next price point of $12, when a maximum of 1 unit is sold at this price the next customer sees the next price point of $14 etc.

This would happen automatically without the customer choosing anything (ie. product options) and would be open to all customers viewing the same page without any form of registration.

I have tried using the "options" tab in the Products section but cannot make it work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Product Pricing
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 01:46:17 PM »
look at the promotions tab on the product page.the discount section may work for you.the specials section is for sales pricing of an item.

Offline Franco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 05:21:39 AM »
Many thanks for the reply,

After much deliberation, it seems the promotions tab also doesn't accomplish what I looking for as the price is fixed for the duration of the promotion rather than increase/decrease after 1 unit is sold, same with the specials section.

I wonder whether the options section could work but with some programming. As this section has the price modifier and tracks stock and there is a hidden field so in essence the customer would not have to select any option on the product page and the price of the product would adjust itself upon each sale of 1 unit.

At the moment, the only work-around is to have each product only have 1 unit of stock so when someone purchases the 1 unit I will have to manually enter the increased price point and stock level to back up to 1 unit on the product page.

Maybe one of the admin's could respond?

Again, thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 06:04:21 AM »

Offline Franco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 09:45:35 AM »
Thanks Basara,

Just had a look, quantity discounts do not apply to my scenario; the customer can only ever purchase 1 unit (quantity) of a particular product at 1 price point.