Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Multi-language SEO & Facebook shop  (Read 8789 times)

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
Multi-language SEO & Facebook shop
« on: March 06, 2013, 10:37:43 AM »
Hope that Abantecart development team can add the multi-lnanguage SEO keywords feature. (to avoid SEO page duplicated, a language code can be added to the SEO keywords.
Also want the Facebook shop feature.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Multi-language SEO & Facebook shop
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 05:18:46 AM »
SEO key words are multilingual. By default English is copied to other languages. You can control this behavior in settings -> general.

Funny, but we just talked about Facebook shop feature. We will consider, but would be nice if somebody contributed into this development so we can make it for free. :)
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 05:56:50 AM »
The SEO field can input 1 language only. The table doesn't has language id to let SEO support real multi-language.

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:09:39 AM »
SEO key words are multilingual. By default English is copied to other languages. You can control this behavior in settings -> general.

Funny, but we just talked about Facebook shop feature. We will consider, but would be nice if somebody contributed into this development so we can make it for free. :)

The SEO field can input 1 language only. The table url_aliases doesn't has language_id to let SEO supports real multi-languages.
Besides, the SEO of category is not generated correctly. There are missing category name, you only put the category id in the SEO keyword. (This should be a careless bug, please fix it) I also want you to add the language_id to table url_aliases and modify the code to support real multi-language SEO, It seems that the SEO for different language may be the same, language code should better add to the keyword to avoid duplicated SEO.) Many thanks!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 08:12:57 AM »
I am sorry for misunderstanding. Yes SEO can only be 1 language. Frankly I am not sure how browser will handle different encoding if this is part of URL.
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 08:28:00 AM »
I am sorry for misunderstanding. Yes SEO can only be 1 language. Frankly I am not sure how browser will handle different encoding if this is part of URL.
You can copy some foreign languages text from yahoo. co. jp/  (Japanese),  tw. yahoo. com/ (Traditional Chinese), ru. yahoo. com/ (Russian) and input it to SEO keyword to see the result. In fact, abantecart use utf-8 and it should support all the foreign languages.
I have tried to input non-english text in the keyword and there is no error until now. Both IE and chrome can handle it.
Hope that abantecart can support real multi-language SEO. I have seem other cart who support real multi-language SEO before.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:38:30 AM by smallfish »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 01:20:55 AM »
Noted. We will explore and add this feature.

Thank you

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 02:38:48 AM »
Good!  :) Hope that this feature can be released in the coming new version.
Besides, about the categories SEO keyword. I have 2nd sub-category which has the same name but the parent categories are different. Abantecart generate "_" with category id only. It doesn't put the category name in the keyword. Besides, it is better to put the parent category name with the sub-category name in the keyword.
Thank you!